OMG...now my nerves are through the roof!!

Nicole S.
on 5/16/11 12:44 am - York Haven, PA
Got a date....paid the rest of my deductible on Friday the 13th...lol and got my date for June 30th.  Now it is crunch time!! Gotta get all my ducks in a row!! Anybody have any last minute advice?

So nervous!!

Surgery 355  / Current 246 / Goal 199.9

Lisa0719
on 5/16/11 2:05 am - PA
Congrats!!!  Now take a deep breath and get ready for the ride of your life.

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

lynnc99
on 5/16/11 2:44 am
Plan ahead to leave the house clean when you go in for surgery. Cook and freeze meals for your family ahead of time so you do not have to deal with food for a couple of weeks post op. If you have young children you might want to enlist help from a couple of friends so you are able to get the rest you need, especially in the 2 weeks after surgery. If you are tempted to stock up on post op foods for yourself, go very gently. A little will last a log time! So...no need for the Costco size case of chicken broth! Get a few samples of protein drink flavors, but don't over buy on any of those either, since your tastes will change. I do recommend herbal teas (mint and Ginger), sugar free Popsicles, and crystal light for the full liquid phase.
bvohl
on 5/16/11 3:22 am
Congrats on getting a date!! SOOO exciting!!

I will go along with what Lynn said, don't buy alot of protein powder before hand, your tastes will change and what you liked pre surgery you may not like post op! I would suggest getting protein powder from GNC, if you purchase something and you don't like it, you can return it!! NICE!!!

I would also suggest to have your family go out to eat especially the first couple of days to one week post op. The smells can either make you nauseous or hungry, neither of which is good!! I know it is kind of expensive in this economy but it will save you a lot of unnecessary suffering while you are trying to recover.

Follow your doctors orders, walk, sip, breathe, stretch! Get ready for the ride of a lifetime!!

Good Luck,

Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Nicole S.
on 5/17/11 12:38 pm - York Haven, PA
Thanks everyone!! I can't wait!! I have such anxiety though because of my failure with the lapband 3 years ago.  I am afraid of failing with this too.  I will persevere!!!

Surgery 355  / Current 246 / Goal 199.9

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1893 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2572 views