One Year Surgiversary!!

Decolady
on 8/8/11 10:11 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Yes, one year ago today my life changed dramatically!!

It took me a while after surgery to say that I was glad I did it.  Longer than normal surgery time caused a longer hospital stay and a longer recovery.  A stricture in October created havoc with what I could eat.  But one year later, I am down 137 pounds and I feel like a different person!  I am active and I love doing Zumba 3 times a week.  I love deciding what to wear every day, as clothes actually look GOOD on me now!  The never-ending compliments are easy to take, too.

I truly have a new life today than I did last year.  Not only because of the weight loss.  I have a new successful business and my son has been away at college for almost a year now.  He has an apartment and stayed all summer to take more classes.  My husband and I have a new way of life centered on us now, not our son.  We follow the Phillies religiously, watching every game and spending all our free time together.

Of course the weight loss has started to slow down.  Two weeks ago I had emergency surgery for a hernia.  That caused about 12 lbs. of regain, which I have since lost.  And some days I am really hungry and it scares me how much I can eat.  Other days I can barely eat two bites.  I have been seeing a therapist who is helping me to understand my head hunger vs. real hunger.  I am becoming really good at recognizing the difference, and even the causes.  But STOPPING it is another story!  I am determined to keep this weight off and get closer to my goal.

Thank you all for being here.  Even though I don't participate very often, or see any of you in person, I read and lurk here every day.  Knowing that I have allies who have gone through what I am going through is priceless.

I will post a new pic in the photo section later today.

PEACE and LOVE to you all,

Deb 
Laureen S.
on 8/8/11 10:41 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Deb,

Congratulations on your successing thusfar, you are doing an awesome job and more so because you are addressing much of which helped you get to where you used to be and that certainly helps at keeping you on the path to long-term health and well being!

Wishing you the best as you live your life fully engaged!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 8/8/11 10:58 pm - Croydon, PA
Congratulations, Deb!!!  Your enthusiasm for life shines through in this post.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

bvohl
on 8/8/11 11:29 pm
Happy Surgiversary!!

So many WOW moments!! So glad that you and your business are doing so well!!!

May year number two keep you "successing"!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Cherish F.
on 8/8/11 11:58 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Yea Deb! Congrats on your surgiversary!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Lisa H.
on 8/9/11 2:44 am - Whitehall, PA
 Happy Happy Surgiversary, Deb!!! I remember going to see you in the hospital and you were still not sure if you had done the right thing.  You HAVE overcome quite a few obstacles along the way, and are doing a fabulous job!!

I am so happy for you and know you will continue to do well!

My tracker

hers 

jackie j
on 8/9/11 6:38 am - Glenmoore, PA
Congratulations on your successes so far Deb!   Don't stop the momentum, keep up the exercise, go for plastics, always move forward. 

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Sara E.
on 8/9/11 8:29 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Deb, Congratulations on your surgiversary!

Sara

IdaMae D.
on 8/9/11 9:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations on your first of many years of successing!!!!

IdaMae

swedeville1
on 8/9/11 11:16 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
Im really proud of you Deb!  You look great and im glad to call you my friend in weight loss.  Keep it up girl! 
Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1782 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1874 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2557 views