Psych Eval & Insurance?

proudmama13
on 10/17/11 5:48 pm - Bristol, PA
I have personal choice insurance and wanted to know if anyone in the area found a PHD or MD to do the psych eval and have it covered by insurance?  I called one of the PHDs on Barix's list and was told that there is no way to bill the insurance company for a psych eval so I would need to pay out of pocket...anybody know if that's true?  Thanks for your help!!!
IdaMae D.
on 10/17/11 9:10 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I did not go through Barix's program. I went through Jeanes the PhD is with the practice and does the psych eval when scheduled as part of the program.  At Jeanes everything is scheduled by the Bariatric practice I did not have to schedule or pay for anything out of pocket.  The only thing I had to do was show up for the scheduled appointments.

My husband when he had his surgery at Temple had to pay an up front $600.00 fee.  Again the Bariatric program scheduled everything he did not have to do anything other then show up at the appointments they set for him.

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 10/17/11 10:54 pm - Perry, MI
 I had my own psychiatrist do my psych eval and paid him $150 out of pocket to do it.  I trusted him, and he consulted my own psychologist while doing it.

Good luck.
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1792 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1887 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2567 views