Psych Eval today!!! Woot Woot!

proudmama13
on 10/18/11 9:17 pm - Bristol, PA
Hi all!

Thanks to everyone *****sponded to my other psych eval post.  I found someone in my network who takes my insurance AND she has an appointment open today at 4:00!  So I will be getting my head shrunk this afternoon and couldn't be more excited.  I know to just be myself and speak from the heart, but does anyone have any other words of wisdom?  Any ideas how long the eval takes? (I want to be sure I can get to the Barix support group at 7:00.)  Thanks in advance for any responsesANywhoooooo, I hope everyone has a righteous day!

Lots of love,
Selena

Jackie Fisher
on 10/18/11 9:37 pm - PA
Hi Selena!

Just be open and honest. Don't be nervous, it really is nothing! My eval lasted about 45 mins. She just asked me all kinds of questions about my eating habits, my past diet attempts, and just general questions regarding my frame of mind. You will do just fine! Hope to see you tonight!

Jackie
"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."

-Jackie

jastypes
on 10/18/11 11:46 pm - Croydon, PA
My psych eval was done in two one-hour sessions about a week apart.  I can hear your enthusiasm.  I so remember those days of anticipation before my surgery.  Your day will be here before you know it!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

steffihope
on 10/19/11 10:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Hi Selena - I am sorry that I did not get a chance to read this yesterday.  I would have definitely come up to you last night and said hi.  I hope everything went well at the doctor and that our friend Mike, AKA Brad Pitt, was fun and you got some good stuff out of the meeting last night!

Looking forward to introducing myself to you at the next meeting! :)
proudmama13
on 10/19/11 11:12 pm - Bristol, PA

Hi STeffi!

No worries!  I thought I recognized you from OH at the meeting, but I felt like a complete stalker coming up and saying, "Hey, I think I saw you on the Internet."  .  But next time, it's GAME ON, sister!  My eval went great!  The psychologist thinks surgery is a great idea for me and that I am in a good place to have it done.  Thanks for posting a response!  Have a great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1792 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1887 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2567 views