Jefferson University Hospital Bariatrics???

proudmama13
on 10/21/11 7:58 am - Bristol, PA
Hello all,

Well I believe that I have narrowed my surgery down to RNY, so now I am engaging in the exciting task of finding a surgeon.   My top three choices are Barix, Abington or Jefferson.  (I was thinking about Einstein as well but it's just too darn far away.)  I've spoken with a ton of people who LOVE LOVE LOVE Barix and Abington.  However I have not heard anything about Jefferson's Bariatrics program. 

SO if there is anyone out there who has had RNY or any WLS at Jefferson, I want to hear from you!  (especially if you've had surgery with Dr. Beekley). 

Love ya, mean it!
Selena
LindaScrip
on 10/21/11 9:28 am
you wouldn't catch me at Jefferson for all the money in the world!!!!! No way!!! I went there for shoulder surgery and their nursing staff SUCKED!  Horrible!!!!! What a disgrace!!!!  I almost killed the one who "took care of me"  Barix was awesome!!!  And I am not being paid to tell you otherwise.  That staff is wonderful.  They got me thru all of my recovery and very caring.  Abington was eh ok.  Barix has my vote all the way.  Jefferson forget it.  I told the public relations guy take a good look at my face because you will never, ever see it again I would rather die than come back here for anything!  Terrible!
proudmama13
on 10/21/11 9:59 am - Bristol, PA
WOW!  I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience, but I truly appreciate you sharing it with me!
LindaScrip
on 10/21/11 1:24 pm
I am so sorry that I probably (ok I did) sound angry but OMG they were so awful.  I called ahead as per my ortho surgeon's advice to set up my meals for my stay being a wls patient and the nutritional dept had it all prepared and the nurses I had said nothing was in the computer and then told my husband to go across the street and bring me back a sandwich and to boot my surgery was at 11am it was a 45minute procedure and I was not in my room til 7pm so what the f**k did they do with me all that time and I remember in the recovery room I had to pee so bad and the medical staff ignored me and the lady next to me what a horror show and I had my left shoulder operated on and they put a pain block in my neck on the left side and I asked them to please put the IV on my left hand so I could have usage of my right hand and woke up and didn't the ******** remove the IV while I was asleep and insert it in my right hand!  So I did not have usage of either hand my left side totally numb and my right hand hurt from the IV and they would not remove it and the nurse *****ed how short staffed they were and told me the guy next door was vomitting!  Like it was my problem?  So I got pissed and told her if they couldn't accomadate me needs they had no business taking me as a patient it was awful I told their PR person in the morning what happened and he was mortified and I told him I would rather end up dead than ever coming back here.  They had no education the nursing staff on wls patients now Barix is top notch and Abington is eh but the Dr B I have heard is really super also.  Seriously good luck with wherever you go.  Sorry I need to ***** 
Laureen S.
on 10/22/11 5:37 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Selena,

I just want to say something and while I am predjuiced by having had my surgery at Barix, the truth is the nursing staff and care you will receive there is the best, bar anything and I am saying this based on other people who've had experiences elsewhere, which is not to say that other surgeons are not great, but the surgeon, while extremely important, does their part and then you are left to the care of the nurses and others and that is where I feel Barix is so great, the other thing is it's not a hospital, so therefore, less likely to get any of those illnesses that can be gotten in a hospital. 

Bottom line here is that YOU have to be comfortable within yourself, so check out all the programs you want and then listen to your inner voice to guide you to where you are most comfortable.

Wishing you the best as you pursue your dream towards healthier and fuller living.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

proudmama13
on 10/22/11 9:29 am - Bristol, PA
Thanks, ladies!  I truly appreciate the insight.  You are the greatest!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1792 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1887 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2567 views