Am I pushing it?

Talmani
on 10/29/11 9:41 am - Phoenixville, PA
I am scheduled for surgery on Nov 29th ( I am having the sleeve) and have an art class scheduled for Dec 1st - it is an hour and a half long and I basically will just sit there. It is a special class and they only have them that week.

What do you think - can I make it?
victoria3
on 10/29/11 10:25 am - Douglassville, PA
Yes, I think you will be pushing it.  You will be tired and weak only 2 days out of surgery.

jastypes
on 10/31/11 1:07 am - Croydon, PA
yeah, that's just nuts!!! 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Nicole0216
on 10/31/11 1:20 am - Lancaster, PA
You will not be up for that type of activity
Talmani
on 11/1/11 12:22 am - Phoenixville, PA
Wow - not the kind of response that I was expecting. There is a guys on the VSG board that went back to work (i.e. 8 hours of sitting) after only 3 days so I did not think that I would not be able to leave my house after 2. I guess that everyone is different! And I will have to see how I feel. Thanks for the input.
Liz R.
on 11/1/11 1:39 am - Easton, PA
I had my RNY on a tuesday and was back to work 1/2 days the following monday. You are going to be run down and weak but see how you feel. if you can cancel at the last minute then keep it scheduled. But I would agree with the others that you aren't going to feel up to it. This is MAJOR surgery, even if the incisions are small it does take a while to recover.

Best of luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1792 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1887 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2567 views