Long time, no post.....

jojobear98
on 4/17/12 1:36 pm - Gettysburg, PA
 Hello all! 

It's been 3, 4, 5 months?..... oh hell, who knows. It's been a long time since I have posted. Life is busy and I have been complacent in keeping in touch on FB with most of you, so I haven't visited OH in a LONG time. 

Just checking in and reading up on some posts. I see there are MANY new people here that I don't recognize so apparently the PA board has some new peeps checking in and getting advice. Good luck to all of you that I don't know!

I am busy working, doing stuff with kids, etc. Still working on the last 10 lbs of baby weight I am sporting around. 

OK, so Jantzen turns 3 tomorrow, it's not baby weight, it's laziness, but whatever. Baby weight "sounds" better. 

Hope all is well with those I haven't kept up with.

Take care and I hope to try and check in more. I could use some advice and support myself.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Laureen S.
on 4/17/12 10:20 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
JoJo,

Nice to see you and hear that you are busily living life, isn't that a good part of why we had this life-altering surgery. . .

Like you, lazy has crept in and I am 20 lbs. heavier than I want to be, but I'm in this for the long haul and so I log my food daily as a way to stay honest and in that process give others a glimpse of what life after WLS is like, good, bad and ugly, but the truth be told, it's not easy, but it's still a wonderful life!

Have a great day and hope to see more of you around here.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 4/18/12 1:44 am - Boothwyn, PA
Well hello ladies!! I'm also checking in for the first time in about a week - life is crazy right now - last week of work - last week in PA - Laureen, so sorry we didn't get to that dinner date - just seems I'm either too tired or too busy!! JoJo, since you haven't been on in a while my big news is we're moving to Florida - Sunday!! I was out in York last Sunday to say good-bye to my parents - I don't know when I'll get back up this way to visit the cemetery again so wanted to make sure I got there one more time before I left.

Tonight is my husband's work going-away party - tomorrow afternoon is mine - and Saturday night is the big friends and family gathering at our clubhouse. Sunday we're loading the last of the stuff onto another truck then heading south for good.

We're excited - nervous - sad to be leaving so many wonderful friends up here - but really looking forward to our new life in our new house in the Daytona area and being closer to my family. I'm also looking forward to getting out and doing more - and yes, getting rid of the extra 30 lbs I'm carrying around now. It just creeps back on, doesn't it.

A lot of the old guard on the PA Boards have moved on, and I guess that's a natural progression of things - our lives move on - become more 'normal' again - but I will always check in from time to time to see how our old friends are faring and how the newbies are making out.

Hugs - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 4/18/12 2:13 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Best to you Kathy, and I do believe a number have moved to Florida. . .  please be sure to let us know how you are doing once you're settled in and good luck with the job hunt once you start that.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jojobear98
on 4/18/12 9:31 am - Gettysburg, PA
 Very true, we all move on. It's nice to check back in. 

I am excited to hear about your Daytona move! If you ever need York, Pa snack sent down your way, PLEASE let me know. 

Not for you of course, because that's a No-No. But for family! 

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1778 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1871 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2555 views