Missed my surgiversary

Nicole0216
on 10/3/12 11:14 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi all with all of the insanity that has been happening this week I completely missed that my 6 year surgiversary was yesterday. I have to say I am kind of sad that I did not take the day to reflect and that I did not treat myself better yesterday and honor that milestone. Due to bad news I got last night today has not started out to be a be good to be day either. But I did get an OH email that said congratulations we see it is your anniversary to remind me. So it did and tomorrow I will do better and I will spend some time reflecting and I will be damned if this next year will be marked the same as last. This is the slope down a very tall mountain I have been climbing. I hope you all have a good day. Blog post coming soon
Laureen S.
on 10/3/12 11:53 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Nicole,

Congrats on your surgiversary!  I think to some extent, not realizing it is just a way of knowing that life is not solely about WLS anymore and that is in some way a good thing. . .  While we don't want to forget what life was once like, least we ever go back to it, we certainly had this surgery to be more "normal" (lol), whatever normal means. . .  I think when we take this journey, it opens doors to many places, some of which we did not want to go, but now have to face opening those doors and dealing with so much more in order to continue successing. . . hope to see you in person somewhere, sometime soon. . . you are a success story in the making, as so long as we are breathing, it is still a work in progress. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Arlene E.
on 10/4/12 3:37 am - Philadelphia, PA

Missing you Nicole and always wishing the best for you.  Do take time to honor your 6 year milestone.  Life really can be a struggle sometimes, and we kind of get "weighed down" with all the stuff that we have to deal with.   So I hope you remember today all the good in your life and all the people who wish you great things to come.

arlene

musicaldonna
on 10/4/12 7:36 am - PA
Nicole,

Although I have never had the opportunity to meet you, I have always appreciated your honest and down to earth posts.  Happy surgiversary.  It is more difficult these days to get excited once the novelty has worn off and the daily struggles of living can get you down.  I know that you are much better off in so many ways from the woman you were 6 years ago.  I admire the courage you have to tackle your issues and deal with life - not run away from it.  I hope that growth continues for you and that this next year will see many graces come your way.  I always am happy to see you post.  Take good care of yourself.

Donna
bvohl
on 10/4/12 5:12 pm
CONGRATULATIONS NICOLE!!!

WOW!! Six years post op! I know you struggle just like the rest of us do, but you continue to be an inspiration to me and many others on this board and in your life!! I consider you a dear friend and hope for only the best for you in the upcoming year. We will support each other however we can.

Btw, I am writing this at 3am so if I sound like I am rambling, you will know why!! LOL!!

Love you and Happy Surgiversary!!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 10/5/12 2:14 am - Whitehall, PA
 WOW Nic.. 6 years! That's awesome!    You are such an inspiration to so many people here and in your "other" worlds.  

You have gone through many ups and downs and are proof that no matter the struggles, you CAN and DO pick yourself up and dust yourself off and keep on keepin' on.  

One minute at a time is all that we can ask of ourselves.  Don't be hard on yourself for not taking the day to reflect.  Like others said, you are busy focusing on things outside your WLS.

My tracker

hers 

Patricia R.
on 10/5/12 10:46 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Nicole,
Belated Happy Surgiversary!!!  As time goes by, we get busy with our lives, doing all the things we had to surgery to be able to do.  I''m so grateful for where my life is, and so grateful for the people God put in my life because of the surgery, like getting to know you and others here on the PA forum.  
You are so inspirational to me, not only as a social worker, but as a human being.  Your strength of conviction, and willingness to take the brave steps necessary to move your life in the direction you want to go.  You are a terrifiic role model.  

Congratulations on your six years.  

Blessings,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 10/6/12 2:44 am - Lancaster, PA
Oh i did not mean to sound gloomy I just could not believe that a day so important to me slipped by. But that does show you what a crazy week I had. This past year was the most important year in my recovery. It was a turn in the road for me for sure, the most important steps I have taken other than have the surgery itself. I will blog more about it later. I appreciate all of the well wishes. And forgive me for sounding like such an eyore LOL 
IdaMae D.
on 10/6/12 9:20 am - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations Nicole on your 6 years.  I didn't realize that you and Gene were about the same age.  Gene will be 7 in January. 

You have been an amazing inspiration and support to me.  I so appreciate you!!!!

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1789 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1884 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2564 views