Surgery less than 3 weeks away...YIKES!!

ImDun
on 2/6/13 3:37 am
RNY on 02/26/13

I have less than 3 weeks until my surgery.  I 'm having RNY with Dr. Meilahn at Temple Hospital on 2/26.  I can't believe it will be here so soon.  I have been keeping very busy so it's not on my mind all the time, but I can't until my "after-life".  I know it will be hard at first but totalindecisionly  looking forward to the new lifestyle!!

Wish me luck!

Deb

musicaldonna
on 2/6/13 5:07 am - PA

Best of luck Deb!  What type of pre-op diet do you have to do?  MY doctor had me on a 10 day liquid diet that was a killer.  I lost 11 pounds on it which was all regained by the fluid they pumped in me.  That diet was the most difficult part of the entire process for me.  This time 3 weeks from now you will be recovering.  Hang in there and keep on posting.  Take care.

Donna

Laureen S.
on 2/6/13 10:00 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Deb,

It is a roller coaster ride emotionally leading up to the day of surgery and pretty much the first few weeks post-op, but ooohhh so worth it and I'm sure you are as about prepared as one can be, though we are never really prepared for the changes that come and I mean that in a most positive way!  The things I dreamt about doing for years, I was finally able to begin doing as I shed the pounds.  This journey has it's share of highs and lows, but the highs far outweigh the lows.

Wishing you all the best with your surgery and recovery and feel free to attend our support groups when you are ready!  Jus****ch for the posts.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

gymjory
on 2/7/13 6:06 am

Best of luck for an awesome and successful surgery! I am 8 years out and had Dr. Meilahn too:)

bvohl
on 2/8/13 10:35 pm

Good luck and here is to a speedy recovery and an awesome new life!!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1781 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1874 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2557 views