ISLAND BANDSTERS!!!

Darlene P.
on 12/22/07 11:37 am - Sunnyside of Life, Canada
Hi I am an actual Bandster from Prince Edward Island, some of you are correct...it has been about -12 C for the last couple of weeks..gonna warm up this week...lots of snow but beautiful red sand beaches in the summer... I am what you all would call a "newbie"..almost 4 months out. So I won't be posting here on the "vet " site but couldn't resist telling you that actual bandsters do exist in PEI...Happy Holidays to all Darlene
Madcow
on 12/22/07 9:25 pm - MA
HI Darlene - Please feel free to post here. How's is the banded life treating you so far? The beaches on PEI were beautiful.. Keep warm and happy holidays to you!
arianna
on 12/17/07 8:05 pm - TN
Suggah!!!~~~~~! how about some new ideas?? on how to handle this island Vet forum~~~~~ where did you get all that new island gear??? you look fantastic too!!! I really love your new hat with all the fresh fruit on top if it and it is all bandster freindly too >> your new hot pink , patterne,d sarong really goes well with it !! (((((HUG)))) Arianna
Amanda Miller
on 12/18/07 3:49 am - Cleveland, OH
Do you hear the crickets? I had a feeling this wouldn't catch on
Madcow
on 12/18/07 9:40 am - MA
Hi All - Well who knows if this will really catch on.. We might want to post on the Lapband board that we are here - otherwise no one will ever know...or at least tell your friends by PM.... This should do until OH sets up the private board. Love that idea...
cyndy40
on 12/19/07 5:58 am - Beaumont, TX
I, too, was thinking that we need to have a thread on the main Lap Band forum concerning the "vets" talking on this board. IMO, a vet should be defined just as it is on the WLS graduates forum, one year post surgery. Of course, this is only my opinion.
arianna
on 12/19/07 9:08 pm - TN
Cyndi I also think they should have a one year Bandiversary before being called a Vet Bandster this does not exclude anyone at all... this way everyone gets to join in and talk about her/his problems, gains loses , milestones etc=only they need to have least one year under their belts... LOL hey !!! I just said a funny!!! "One year under the belt" I like that!!!
work_n_prgrss
on 12/19/07 6:34 am
I propose we pm people. That way its more who you want to come then just everyone coming over.
arianna
on 12/19/07 8:59 pm - TN
Please do.... whatever anyone proposes is ok wtih me I just wanted to get this rolling and see if it will help and if there is any continung interest in this. There are so many of us that are out over a year now and more coming everyday ... I hope we all enjoy ourselves and relax and chat with each other on a continuing basis ...even a little bit of disagreement thrown in every now and then just to see if we are paying attention...Bottom line we all are banded together no matter what
cyndy40
on 12/19/07 10:30 pm - Beaumont, TX
I also agree with this. The reson we are here is to avoid some of the "newbie" conversations, not that we don't want to support them, but those of us out a year or more, need a different kind of support.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1204 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3787 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3824 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3617 views