naughty holidays=slow going

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/07 12:55 pm
eek!! Crap to eat everywhere I go, and the crap goes down so much easier than the good for me stuff....any advice??
work_n_prgrss
on 12/21/07 1:03 pm
Try to eat your solids first...like on a finger food tray go for the cheese and fruit etc. If I touch chips or cookies its over....so I keep them far away...lol. But I like veggie trays and I dont feel deprived if I have some veggies in dip...or cheese.
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/07 1:18 pm
yes, that's what I try to do, but for some reason I pb most fruits I wish I didn't think smoking was so gross, I'd pick it up again and lose fast lol
arianna
on 12/21/07 9:24 pm - TN
Laura. I know how you feel... Homemade goodies everywhere ...now why can't baked chicken go down that easy???? How come I never crave baked fish and salad?? Seems I can just walk on by stuff like that and go straight to heaping platters ,bowls and dishes of bad stuff ... candied sweet potatoes , stuffing, homemade cookies and bars, dips, crackers heaping with different cheeses and all kinds of cheese balls mmmmmmmmmm love Christmas!! Please Lord.. give me strength and courage to resist and make me strong .. what makes it worse I am a baker and everyone counts om me for most of the goodies every year ( mmmm... little wonder how I got so fat huh?)Today I am making rasberry meringue bars and apricot bars .Yesterday I made almond and cherry kolache and gingersnap cookies (Grandson just love those) on top of the Holidays so many birthday tand the cooler weather,this is not a good time but somehow, someway, we will make it thru we have the band to help keep us from stuffing ourselves..
Sharon T.
on 12/21/07 11:35 pm - Southern , WI
Laura, I know what you're talking about! I've been LUCKY!~ I usually have 1 of each thing, like appetizers, and I'm satisfied. We always have like, shrimp, stuffed mushroom, w/sausage and spinach stuffing, little smokies, w/ sauce, that kind of stuff. So, even though, you rack up a few added calories, you also, add some protein! ha Good luck, sweetie!~
Chelle B.
on 12/21/07 11:44 pm
Take a bite of the crap and make sure to drink all your water!
discogal
on 12/22/07 11:34 pm - Fort Worth, TX
It would be fun to have a "healthy" Christmas dinner. But I don't think my skinny family would go for it...LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1199 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3782 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3818 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3615 views