as time goes on how.............

ZEL
on 12/22/07 9:40 pm - NEW YORK CITY, NY
......do you keep focused on your diet. I am not staying close to the original diet therefore losing slowly.I wish I could get back on tract any suggestions? zel.........................
Jeanine S.
on 12/23/07 12:56 am - MI
Good question. I was just with my sister yesterday and had surgery in Oct and she's still strictly following the rules. I seem to have gone the way of the pirates of the Carribean where the code has become strictly a guideline.
work_n_prgrss
on 12/23/07 2:20 am
As I wander away from the path...the fills tend to help me get refocused. But other than that I have to say its good old fashioned will power and writing down goals...like this week I will get in all my water....or eat protein first etc. Sometimes going to the mall and trying on clothes helps as a big motivator....(at least it does me)
Jeanine S.
on 12/23/07 2:32 am - MI
I think having been with my sister yesterday will be a good motivator for a while. She's already almost caught up to me in weight loss!
ANGIE M.
on 12/23/07 3:31 am - New Paris, IN
Lap Band on 10/17/05 with
I struggle with it too. I guess it is the will power at the end to loose that last bit of weight. Guess that explains why I have stalled out right around 200 pounds! Now maybe is where the WW and other diets could help us where they didn't work before. I haven't tried yet. I just don't want to right now. I eat when I am hungry and don't when I am not. I don't count anything (including protien & water) So I guess if I change that aspect I can start loosing agin.
cyndy40
on 12/23/07 11:57 am - Beaumont, TX
I go back and look at my before pictures and make a promise to my deliverer that that weight will never pop up on my scale again. I look at my 4 yr old and think that I had this surgery for her; I want to see her grow up and have her own children. I stay on course about 95% of the time, and I let myself wander 5% of the time. Avoiding sugar is my big thing. Hope this helps.
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/07 2:49 am - Miramar Beach, FL
Hi Zel, The difference for me is a completely different mindset towards food. I don't "diet", but I eat "clean". That's a term that bodybuilders and other fitness aficianadoes are familiar with. It simply means eating lean proteins, veggies, fruits, whole grains, and "good" fats, which is of course, what I used to think of as "dieting", LOL. Tami
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1199 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3782 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3818 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3615 views