OH Response to a "report" from the other board

Amanda Miller
on 12/27/07 12:52 am - Cleveland, OH
Hi all.. I am on neither side of the religious feud, but I wanted to see what would happen if I reported a post. So being an equal opportunity person, I reported a post from Draz and a post from Ron and sent OH the report saying that this type of information doesn't really need to be on this board... The response I received was "Use the blocking feature we set up." Like I said.. I am not talking about the debate itself.. so let's not reha**** I am venting about the response I got from OH. If I block them.. then I don't see any of the "other" posts they put up. I don't dislike them.. it was just annoying. Amanda But big thumbs down to OH for their lovely response.
lorisb
on 12/27/07 1:59 am - Vancouver, WA
Sheesh! People have no clue how to drive in the snow here! Sorry, just heard the sirens as I started my post. Um, actually, consider yourself lucky for getting a response at all. In some of the previous posts I submitted (one person on the DS board was droping the f bomb all over the place and truly insulting people) I never received a response and, at least for the thread I mentioned, it stayed up WAYYYYY tooo long. It was terrible. I think OH has no clue how to moderate us and doesn't have enough people to do it. Ironically, at one point (during one of the other religion arguments -- last year?) there was a clause in their TOS about NOT discussing politics or religion. It isn't there now. That or I'm not reading it correctly. They might as well have flicked you a boogie!
Amanda Miller
on 12/27/07 2:24 am - Cleveland, OH
lol a boogie.. too cute. They might as well have! Oh well. it could be worse. it could have been directed at me.. then I would have had to get ugly! lol
arianna
on 12/27/07 9:29 pm - TN
I think it really has to get "ugly' before they will even attempt to step in .. I do feel this is America and we have the American right to say "Merry Christmas" and put up Christmas trees and nativitiy scenes in public places This is America .... we have always done it and will continue to do this just like we carve pumpkins and decorate for Halloween, even if some find this "offensive" or "pagan" In Rome ,no one tells them they cannot carry candles and gather outside the Vatican or worship and honor the Pope .. so the old saying goes "in Rome do as the Romans do" In many other countries they all have religoius tokens and omens and worship practices and they worship openly and those that do not like it say nothing!!! that said I feel preaching should not be dicussed here in any shape or form . Some people are so unhappy they feel offended if the wind is not blowing in the right direction when they step outside their door!!ObesityHelp board is no place for this nor is it a place for solicitations looking for people to join other kinds of boards like the Gay board member looking for gay members which was allowed by the monitors also.
work_n_prgrss
on 12/28/07 12:19 am
I could tell you things about OH to make your skin crawl. I have a love hate relationship with this forum. The only reason I ever stayed here was the people. The owner of this site could care less about banded people. Dont get me started on Allergan.... The mods suck here and always have. There was a true bias for some time...now I dont think they care much about anything that goes on.
Amanda Miller
on 12/28/07 12:28 am - Cleveland, OH
Yikes.. never knew it was that bad.. I was just annoyed because they used to come in and waved their white flags all the time with disputes.. (stupid ones) and now they are no where to be found.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1199 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3782 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3818 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3615 views