So how is every one doing?

jndrake
on 9/25/13 10:37 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

For those of you who have had surgery in the past year, give us an update so we can live vicariously through your loss as we still wait for surgery

kim_pei
on 9/27/13 10:32 am - Canada

Hi jndrake...I am waiting for my consult in Nov in mocton....where are you getting yours done....and how long have you been waiting?

jndrake
on 9/30/13 10:29 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Not sure but hoping for surgery end of Nov or early Dec.

IslandMomma
on 10/12/13 8:33 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Hey...you really should come for coffee one of these times...we are always happy to have a new face join us...so you have had your full day session, and phyc. thing too??  I hear Dr B is slowing down for some reason...do you know why?? I just saw some talk on the NB site about only doing 2 surgeries in Oct??!!  That seemed strange...anyway...you time will come faster than you can believe...Good luck and keep us updated....Feel free to ask any questions...nothing is off-limit...

jndrake
on 10/14/13 10:22 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi, thanks so much, I've read about your coffee dates for a long time now and was hoping to start chatting with some of you to see how you are all doing. I would love to meet some of you and see how you are all doing. I live in East Royalty and I think I remember reading a while back that a couple of you live in that area as well.  I have three boys ages 9, 7 and 4. It's a busy but fun life and I want to have more energy to do more things with them instead of watching them. It was actually me that posted on the NB site about Dr B only doing two surgeries in Oct, He had taken two weeks off  in Oct and was going to do surgeries the other two weeks in Oct then he had to cancel one of those dates and since he only gets OR time for two VSG's a week that meant he only did two VSG's in Oct, if not for that I think I would already have my date as I called his office and there are only two left ahead of me waiting for the surgery now. I'm very hopeful that I will get a call the first of Nov to book my pre op testing and get a surgery date for sometime in December.

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

IslandMomma
on 10/14/13 10:39 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

I did send you a friend request so that we can chat in private...accept me then we can talk....I live close to Mels...and am busy too, but never too busy to talk about WLS.....

I have to get over to see them soon...was suppose to get a call for a check in Sept and never heard anything!!!  I am actually calling this am to get in ...I am about 18 months out, and down about 125 from Feb 2011....I went on to Atkins for the 3 months directly pre surgery just by choice to prove to myself that I could do it....so I count that loss too...but since the surgery in May 2011 I am down 85 or so...And I would do it again in a flash...never really had ANY post-surgery issues, but my sleeve is still tight enough that if I try to eat quickly..like breakfast, then it comes right back at me!! Not nice, but I guess I just need that kick in the a_ _ sometimes to remind myself......

Anyway...come to our next coffee date.....

jndrake
on 10/14/13 10:48 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

I accept you as a friend,  you are my first one,  yeah

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1206 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3789 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3826 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3619 views