Recent Posts

tinamariepei
on 1/18/16 3:14 pm - Canada
Topic: Hi there

Hi everyone. I'm heading to Moncton next week for my education day was wondering if there is anyone who has gone through it or going through the process want to add each other and chat?

tina

better_life_ahead
on 10/3/15 9:28 am, edited 10/3/15 8:03 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: Looking for Long-Timers - 2 years + out

Hi!

I haven't been on here in like forever, but I would like to throw out an invite to my Facebook group!!

I am from Moncton, and have had the Gastric Sleeve Surgery on February 14, 2012. I did well, started at 333 lbs from my highest and went down to 155 lbs. However my body didn't take time at all to bounce back up to 165 lbs. I seemed to have been sticking around that number for a few months, although by that time, it was already past 18 months post op and was really starting to see a huge change in my habits again. By time I hit 2 years Post Op, I found out I was pregnant and my brain shifted a whole different direction. I ended up gaining back almost 70 lbs, because I found I could not control any cravings, no longer had much of restrictions. My baby is now about to turn 1 in just a short couple weeks, and I still wasn't able to find the strength and energy to get back up on the wagon and lose the rest of the weight Iââ?¬â?¢ve gain. Iââ?¬â?¢m an emotional eater and I'm really having a hard time.

I decided to great a Facebook page for people that have been 2 + Years out of WLS and would like to join to either give or get support.

I used to come here often before surgery, and a bit after, but I noticed that most people awhile after surgery, they kind of disappear, including myself! :/

I find most post on here pertains most to Pre-Op and for the first few months or up to maybe a year after.

I personally find it easy to just be on facebook and I've been struggling lots, but I feel out of place posting here as seems not many people are posting about all the struggles a few years after surgery.

The group is secret, so anyone not part of the group wonââ?¬â?¢t be able to find the group or see topics, or even see members of the group, so it's more private.

I want to try to bring in people from the Martimes!! J as I know people do come here in Moncton or even Bathurst for surgery that are from PEI and also NS.

So if you are 2 years + out and would like to join my group, please let me know so we can get this thing started!!

Looking forward to chat with ya'llll!!

Thanks!

kim_pei
on 5/23/15 11:33 am - Canada
Topic: Liquid diet almost done and surgery Tuesday morning at 0730!

I can't believe its almost here.  On day 16 of an 18 day liquid diet.  Down 14 pounds so far.  The diet has it's good days and bad days...today is rough but I have my eye on the prize lol.  Not a worry yet I am keeping it all in perspective and looking forward to a healthier future.  But come one...they are making Bacon cheddar cheesies now lol...crazy......I totally am looking forward to turkey broth in 4 days lolol

Kim

kim_pei
on 5/17/15 11:14 pm - Canada
Topic: Just checking in to see how everyone is!

Hi all.  Just an update.  I went to my preop appointment which was rescheduled for May 7th.  I was up a few pounds and got a scare it wouldnt move forward but it did.  I am almost a week in on my preop diet.  I go for my final weigh in on Tuesday the 22nd and hopefully have lost enough weight.  The diet isnt as hard as you think it might be.  It is more the head hunger than anything.  Hope to hear from some of you guys to see if there is anyone new on PEI thats joined or updates from those I know!

Kim

DustyB
on 4/18/15 2:30 pm - Canada
kim_pei
on 4/12/15 12:35 pm - Canada
Topic: I got my call!

It is finally here. Got the call from moncton.  Surgery is may 26th! I go over may 5th for my tests and preop....then back for my weigh in may 11...back on the 18th for the final weigh in then surgery!  I am terrified and excited all at the same time but I will do this !

Kim

Helen__C
on 3/9/15 6:21 am - Canada
Topic: Canadian Obesity Network Wants Your Input! Quick poll: Do we need a national engagement strategy?

The Canadian Obesity Network (CON-RCO) is seeking your input regarding initiatives that may be underway to help engage, support, and empower individuals affected by obesity in Canada. Do you feel that there is a need for a nation-wide bariatric patient engagement strategy in Canada?

Please follow the link below to select either 'Yes' or 'No'. Thank you!

http://goo.gl/jZde2H

kim_pei
on 3/5/15 5:21 am - Canada
Topic: I am getting so discouraged

I called OR booking at the Moncton hospital as they told me to do in March.  They informed me they are down 2 anesthesiologists  and have reduced surgeries to 2 per week and only necessary ones. They advised that I may now get a call in April sometime for May, that is if they dont have emergencies.  They have been telling me this every month for months. This is hard on the head and hard to prepare for in regards to my life and finances.  I will tough it it out but this month by month disappointment is getting to me.

IslandMomma
on 11/10/14 4:23 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
Topic: Coffee anyone???

Hey gals...it has been a while since we have had a coffee date...what do you say??? message me if you are interested....

kim_pei
on 9/23/14 12:15 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Signed off my paper work for surgery...he had decided to do an RNY and not the VSG.

Thank you!  You look like your doing very well yourself...wow.  I will definately take some pointers!  Keep up the great work .

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1200 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3785 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3822 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3616 views