Recent Posts

Livewithnoregrets
on 9/30/18 5:43 pm
VSG on 12/03/18
Topic: RE: Anyone still here?

It's frustrating... I've tried to find people to talk to and honestly the support system on PEI sucks... I feel like I've been going at this alone.

jndrake
on 9/18/18 4:35 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13
Topic: RE: Anyone still here?

The PEI and NB boards seem super quite, when I was getting ready for my surgery I was on here every day! Now that I have lost most of my weight, I don't come around quite as much but every time I hit a new low on the scale I come back and update my ticker, it just makes me feel good to do it !

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Livewithnoregrets
on 3/26/18 6:55 pm
VSG on 12/03/18
Topic: Anyone still here?

newbie here!

Just wanted To say hey! See if anyone from PEI still lurks on here.

Livewithnoregrets
on 3/25/18 4:38 am
VSG on 12/03/18
Topic: RE: Dr changing his tune
I know this is from 3 years ago, but I wanted to add my wait times just for future reference to new people reading. My referral was put in nov 2007. Just had my appointment with nurse/dietician March 8th and with physio and psychologist March 15th this year. Was told that after it was signed off on by dr b that it would be another 8-9 months after that.
better_life_ahead
on 8/26/16 9:56 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: Going on 5 years out

I was sleeved Feb 2012. Started off around 333 lbs. Got down to 155 lbs but bounced back up to 165 lbs where my body seemed to have been happy there.

Got pregnant in 2014, and gained back 70 lbs. It took me almost 2 years to get back on track.

But just wanted to let the newbies know that this far out, I don't regret for even 1 second having this surgery. I don't think I could have ever done it on my own from the start.

Now I have about 30ish lbs to get back to 165 which is my goal. I'd like to get back there by February 2017 as it will be 5 years since I'm sleeved and want to make the Bariatric team proud that I have been successful at this even at 5 years! :)

I currently workout at home and following a meal plan, and I'm loving the results! I'm almost 40 years old and have never felt this great in all my life! Even if you have fallen off the wagon, know that it is possible to get back on and get your life back! :)

better_life_ahead
on 7/28/16 10:33 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: Posts?

Do people just like not post much anymore on here? I asked a question and there's a ton of views but no reply, kind of sad :( 

better_life_ahead
on 7/23/16 8:50 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: workouts / exercise?

Hey all, just wondering what everyone does for workouts / exercise? 

do you go to the gym? workout at home?

Thanks!

better_life_ahead
on 5/28/16 9:46 am - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: Looking for people to join my FB Group!

Are you struggling? Need Support? Need Daily Motivation? Do you have a desire to start working out or get back on track after falling off the wagon??? Or maybe you are already being active and need a place for accountability and love to keep others motivated?

Well recently I've been part of a small group within friends and it's working amazingly!! And I want to be able for you to have the same support that I've been getting from a smaller group with people that WANTS to change and WANTs to GIVE or GET motivation to get up and start moving!

This group is all about what you feel comfortable with, but I want an ACTIVE group with lots of sharing, pics, workouts, food, recipes, videos and more!

My promise to you is that this group will exist for as long as possible, as I'm one that is struggling and also will do my best to motivate each one of you, and to remind you why you are here in the first place!

If you think this is a group that you could benefit from, please let me know and i'll add you to the group! 

better_life_ahead
on 2/11/16 8:59 am - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: RE: Looking for Long-Timers - 2 years + out

hi, good to hear! :)

i'll be honest, not very much activity going on as not many people in so far! :) here is the link, if you have issues, just send me a message at [email protected] 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/979061828804119/

jndrake
on 2/9/16 2:01 pm - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13
Topic: RE: Looking for Long-Timers - 2 years + out

Im 2+ years out and would like to join your group. I had VSG in Dec 2013 and was 2 years out Dec 2015.

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1195 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3778 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3814 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3613 views