I ate tuna!

salem4444
on 2/18/10 1:38 am - Canada
Ok, I just wrote a very depressing blog entry about my health now, but, trying to focus on the good here, I just ate my first "meal", appart jello and yogourt... I ate 1 oz of tuna fish pureed with low fat mayo and some celery salt... It was sooooo good... eating something real... I could just eat all the can of tuna because I was so hungry for real food... but after 1 oz, I feel so full...  I had to stop...

And another small positive thing, yesterday, I took a 15 minute walk! Ok, that's not long, but for someone who was walking with a cane, and had to use and handicapped parking, it's a huge change... and I didn't took my cane! Ok, I was sore and had pain in my knees and hips after, but I did it!
                                              HW 320 SW 299  goal W 150 CW 138 (5' 7 " ) 
At Goal !!!

Brenda B.
on 2/18/10 1:45 am - Gaspé, Canada
Diane, what an achievement. If I was at home I would send you a little dancing banana to cheer you on. Remember small baby steps. Anything forward is a good thing. I only was able to exercise after three months post op. Yeah Diane!
mtl_chick
on 2/18/10 1:49 am - Canada

Yay Diane, that's great. Keep it up.
Must have tasted like heaven!

Spezza_Fan
on 2/18/10 2:08 am - Gatineau, Canada
Congrats Diane you should be very proud of yourself. Not only for being able to finally eat something for the first time in 4 weeks but now to go for a 15 minute walk is just icing on the cake. You should always take baby steps when working something out that you haven't in a while. 15 minutes is definitely a good start for you! Keep it up! 
Gabriella21
on 2/18/10 7:45 am - Roxboro, Canada
Way to go Diane!!!!
Must be amazing eating the real food after all those liquids only.
It's great for you that you went for a walk..I don't think I've done that for 10 years. But hopefully real soon!
yayawhat
on 2/19/10 3:06 am - Canada
I am so happy Diane that things are starting to look up-- I started to feel so much more normal when I could eat something substantial and move around. It's only going to get better from here I promise!! YAY!

Most Active