Anything else we can eat with the Optifast?

kabby
on 2/19/10 4:53 am - Canada
Hey guys!

I've started the optifast diet 2 days ago and i am allowed to eat vegetables but I was wondering if we can make it less painfull by adding flavor to the veggies?

I was thinkg veggie soup with tomato broth?

any suggetions?

mtl_chick
on 2/19/10 5:12 am - Canada
Hi, According the meeting with the nutritionist I had a couple of weeks ago, Only veggies, and only low suggar veggies.  Only raw or steamed, no seasonings either. Only you can put lemon or lime juice on them.

How long do you have to go?
Brenda B.
on 2/19/10 5:17 am - Gaspé, Canada
I was allowed chicken broth and low sugar veggies with my optifast. Goodluck with it.
kabby
on 2/19/10 5:53 am - Canada
thanks for your replies!

I have 2 weeks to go so it's not that bad...

I could always flavor them with garlic or something like that!
salem4444
on 2/19/10 6:46 am - Canada
When I was on optifast, in the first days I had much problem taking it ( nausea, etc...) and I called Martine and ask... Nothing except steamed low sugar vegetables or raw... She said no even for a no fat broth, that I don't understand, since it's almost like water...  She said she was ok with dill pickles if it was only salt and vinegar, no sugar. I was like a pregnant woman, eating Moishes natural dill pickles everyday, just to have something less sugary than the shakes... LOL
Also, I put some fresh herbs and garlic with steamed vegetables, it helps...
Good luck, it gets easier everyday...

Diane
                                              HW 320 SW 299  goal W 150 CW 138 (5' 7 " ) 
At Goal !!!

kabby
on 2/19/10 7:57 am - Canada
thanks!

I'll try the steamed veggies with herbs and garlic!

Just done my grocerie shopping..! not easy..  had a list and stuck with the list lol

Veggies here I come!
salem4444
on 2/19/10 8:08 am - Canada
And enjoy those crunchy veggies... When will I be able to eat some?? I am so tired of those mushies...LOL
                                              HW 320 SW 299  goal W 150 CW 138 (5' 7 " ) 
At Goal !!!

TamaraCD
on 12/3/10 10:00 am - Toronto, Canada
OMG PICKLES!!!! That's brilliant! You just totally saved me... :)
yayawhat
on 2/19/10 8:52 am - Canada
Hi Kabby,

I'm Kass, was sleeved a day before Diane and have been busy playing catch up at work since surgery. I used celery salt on my veggies for some taste-- I did also have some broth eventhough I wasn't allowed just to get something salty-- Best of luck!!

Shivani
on 7/27/16 3:55 pm

I am on optifast too right now as well. I made soup with broccoli and green pepper with low sodium chicken broth. It does the trick for now. I'm soooooo tired. Had a hard first three days. Had to give up the gym in the morning due to my energy level. I felt a little nauseous with the optifast but the trick with the coffee in it really helps it go down. Good luck!! 

Most Active