Emotional

yayawhat
on 2/27/10 10:43 am - Canada
While Diane is having physcial issues I'm having emotional ones. Vets I need you! Brenda did you guy experience this at all? I've read on the big boards about fat storing hormones that get released into your system in the first 2 or 3 months that may make you more emotional. I'm all kinds of snappy and weepy.

Brenda B.
on 2/27/10 12:51 pm - Gaspé, Canada
Yes,I have read the same thing and I know that our bodies stores estrogens in our fat cells so when we lose weight rapidly our estrogen levels go up and if it is well around your menstrual cycle well watch out. I am surgically menopausal(no ovaries,no uterus) so in all honesty I never experienced the blues post op. I do know quite a few women have though. It seems to resorbe itself within four to five months when the body adjusts to the weight loss. You also mentioned being stressed about your first post op visit cuz you feel you haven't lost a lot. You seem to be doing ok from my point of view. I was a very slow loser and lost for the first four months 2lbs a week. Recently I am up and down. As long as you are losing or not gaining your ok. Give your body some time to catch up with this surgery and just let the feelings flow out. It is the best way to deal with healing emotions.....you just need to let them be expressed.

Brenda B, HW 328 PreSW 298 CW 156 Goal 165 
AT GOAL..................NORMAL BMI! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

Most Active