Feeling better!!!

salem4444
on 2/28/10 11:50 pm - Canada
Guess what?? I think I found my problem!!  Well, my husband gave me the idea. I sometimes get thrush in my mouth when I use my asthma inhalers, and my husband told me " could it be a yeast infection in your esophagus, like thrush??" I have read that somewhere that after a surgery, our immune system is weak and we can get that...And the burning feeling in my chest seemed like what I had in my mouth... So, I had a prescription left for that liquid, nystatin, that I take for when I have it in the mouth. And my pharmacist said I could swallow it... I began that saturday, and yesterday, I started to feel better, well not 100% but at least 50%... I ate 1/4 of rice Krispies with 1/4 of soy milk, I can drink with less pain, and I was able to eat a small piece of fish at lunch. Well, it's not much, but compared to what I was able to eat before, it's great. And I don't have this pain all day long. I was taking 2 pantoloc a day, I switch to once and it is ok.  Hope it will stay that way. And pepto-bismol helps for the diarrhea... So I think I am on the right track now...

Why the doctors didn't think about it?? Well thanks to my husband!!

Have a nice day!
Diane

HW 320 SW 299  goal W 150 CW 138 (5' 7 " ) 
At Goal !!!

Brenda B.
on 3/1/10 12:21 am - Gaspé, Canada
What good news Diane!!!! I have learned something new today. Never thought you could get thrush in your throat but it certainly makes sense. I am quite relieved you are on the mend. Let's hope it resolves your problem! Just goes to show how we need to be our own advocate!

Brenda B, HW 328 PreSW 298 CW 156 Goal 165 
AT GOAL..................NORMAL BMI! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

Spezza_Fan
on 3/1/10 12:26 am - Gatineau, Canada
Diane, I am so glad that you are doing better. It was kinda scaring me for my own surgery when the time does come. You never wish on these kinds of things to anyone and to not know how to fix it is even more scary. Keep it up and keep the food intake in and you'll see the pounds will shed off sooner than later. Don't forget to take 1 month out pics tomorrow! :D

Derek
yayawhat
on 3/1/10 1:07 pm, edited 3/1/10 1:08 pm - Canada
A-mazing!!! Was waiting for you to start feeling better... a piece of fish, way to go. It's so nice to eat real food again, you'lljust feel more and more normal now.

Have a great week guys!

Gabriella21
on 3/2/10 8:11 am - Roxboro, Canada
Wonderful, wonderful news Diane. So glad that you are doing better and are able to eat more solid foods.Now jus****ch those pounds disappear!! I sincerely wish that the rest of your journey be very, very smooth and easy!!

(((hugs)))
Ada
Most Active