Got my date!!! July 6th!!!!! Woot Woot!!!

Kessey
on 6/10/11 1:40 am - Gatineau, Canada
Hello all,

I came back from Montreal yesterday and met with Martine and also went to the nutritionist's conference. I have my date and wow what a relief!!! I was so nervous at first about the surgery but yesterday cleared my mind of all nervousness... It is not a huge suregery, Martine reassured me so much and geez did I ever stressed myself out for nothing.

So, some good news and wanted to share with you all!!! Starting my protein diet next week and doing blood test and up I go. But my surgery is done at the Rockland Clinic and then they will transfer me to the hospital for a 1 night stay! I am soooooooo happy right now! 

Cheers all!!!

:)
Spezza_Fan
on 6/10/11 2:03 am - Gatineau, Canada
Once again Kessey Congrats!!!! I'm so excited to have another person join us on the bench. Seems to me a lot of patients are coming through. Maybe the hospital finally got that budget they were talking about. It does feel like a major surgery because it changes a lot in your life but the work done is very minimal. You will be back on your feet in not time! Take lots of pictures because as of next week, you will never be the same person ever again! 

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
StartW: 406.6    SurgeryW: 370.8    LastW: 249.6    ThisW: 246.6  
VSG SURGERY ON MARCH 10TH, 2011
Follow my journey on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/Dirik29
Kessey
on 6/10/11 2:45 am - Gatineau, Canada
Thx, :)

I know, lot of patients are coming through so fast! Something happened I am sure lol. Yes I finally realized the work is very minimal so wow what a relief! I will take lots of pics that is for sure!!! Plus my b-day is the 18th so I will come through my 28 years as a new women! So happy!!! :)
mtl_chick
on 6/10/11 2:39 am - Canada
Congratulations Kessey !!!! That's great news.
Time will fly by now I'm sure.
And like Derek said take lots of before pics. And even at the Clinic too. I lost most of my pics from the Hospital and wish I had them to look at.

Moving over to make room on the bench.
Cindy

HW 352 SW 328              
Kessey
on 6/10/11 2:46 am - Gatineau, Canada
Thx Cindy! I am sssssssoooo happy! :)
Kessey
on 6/10/11 2:56 am - Gatineau, Canada
I am wondering something, Martine asked me to quit smoking... It would be very difficult for me as I smoke a pack a day? How would I handle that and what are the risks if I keep smoking?
Spezza_Fan
on 6/10/11 4:35 am - Gatineau, Canada
One of the risks is that they don't do the surgery and they kick you down the list. I heard a horror story of one patient being caught before surgery, not in Canada btw, and the surgeon said that if he wasn't serious about getting his health back, he wasn't doing the surgery. This patient later paid to have it when he had it covered at first. This is just something I read about 2 years ago. Quitting would be the best thing mixed in with the Weight Loss. I know it's hard but you can do it.
StartW: 406.6    SurgeryW: 370.8    LastW: 249.6    ThisW: 246.6  
VSG SURGERY ON MARCH 10TH, 2011
Follow my journey on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/Dirik29
Kessey
on 6/11/11 1:41 pm - Gatineau, Canada
Yeah i read about it too... grrrrrr... but you know what, I am starting a NEW HEALTHY LIFE, so I will kick that out of my life too... :)
Big_Joe
on 6/10/11 9:13 am, edited 6/10/11 9:17 am - Canada
First of all, Congrats Kessey, I'm very happy for you!!!

About quitting smoking: Have you ever tried nicotine patches? Motivated smokers very often succeed with this method. Patches can also be coupled with nicotin gums to overcome cravings. Four weeks is a bit on the short side to stop smoking but your pharmacist could help you kick the habit.

Your doctor probably prefers to dealing with non-smoking patients because smokers sutures, scars and wounds heal a lot slower than those of non-smokers.

Joel
HW: 347  SW: 345 (Goal 190lbs)   CW: 182.0
DS performed on Nov 26th 2009 and goal reached on Nov 12th 2010

1 year out: 181.2lbs
2 years out: 178 lbs

3 years out: 182 lbs...without sacrifices 

Kessey
on 6/11/11 1:42 pm - Gatineau, Canada
Yes I agree, and 3 weeks is very little time to quite the complete habit... But I am going for it full throdle!!! lol...

Thanks a lot for the congrats! :)
Most Active