For those who have had their surgery at Sacre-Coeur

Ana_1978
on 6/23/11 2:42 am - Canada
 Hi everyone!

I know I`ve been away for a while, but with only one week to go for the big day, life has been a bit insane.

The liquid diet was a challenge in the beginning, but now I'm pretty used to it. Thanks, Monica, for the tips, Listerine strips work really well! ;-)

A quick question for those of you who have had surgery at Sacre-Coeur: do they weigh you on surgery day? I'm just a bit worried because thanks to all my previous efforts and the liquid diet, my BMI is down to 35.5, which is great but if falls under 35 I don't qualify for the surgery anymore, even if all my complications. So have you heard of someone who's been turned away on surgery day because of that?

Just wondering...

Make some room on the losers bench for me!

Ana
StartW: 246.8    SurgeryW: 206.4        ThisW: 136.6

grafiminou
on 6/23/11 6:54 am - montreal, Canada
Hi Ana,

Happy to hear my pain - oups, I mean my experience ;-) was helpful.

I wish you good luck for this last week and a smooth and easy surgery!

Ciao!

Monica

Gabriella21
on 6/23/11 8:07 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi Monica,

What are those Listerine strips for...do share since I'll be doing the Opti-Fast Diet (hopefully) soon.

Ada
grafiminou
on 6/23/11 9:58 am - montreal, Canada
Hi Ada,

For me, the Listerine strips curbed my appetite, at least temporarily. Also, because they totally "scorch" your mouth with their minty flavour, I didn't feel like putting anything else in my mouth until that taste was gone. So it helped with both the cravings and the physical hunger. Mind  you, it's not a miracle solution but it helped me pass through the worst of it.

Cheers,

Monica

Gabriella21
on 6/24/11 3:57 am - Roxboro, Canada

Thanks Monica...I'll remember that little tip when my Optifast time comes!
Nathalie D.
on 6/26/11 9:38 am - Gatineau, Canada
Hi Ana,

They have weigh me the morning of my surgery but it was for the anesthesy and not to see if I would still qualify.

Just be happy about the weight you have already loss, you already qualified and for myself, I never heard of anyone who was disqualified because they lost some weight.

Nathalie
mtl_chick
on 6/26/11 11:20 pm - Canada
Hi Ana,

First congrats on doing so well on the liquid diet.  I had never heard that tip before with the listerine strips. Good one Monica.

Yes they took my weight but it was not done by Martine or her team. It was the nurse that takes care of all the different day surgeries. I assume it was for anesthesia.
I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Cindy
      HW 352 SW 328              
Spezza_Fan
on 6/27/11 12:02 am - Gatineau, Canada
Hi Ana,
Good luck with your surgery on Thursday! As for me, they didn't weigh me. Maybe it was because I weighed more than 400 pounds but I never saw the scale. They did ask me my weight though. I know you won't be turned down. You can do it and this is for you! They wouldn't have approved you in the first place if they didn't think you were a candidate! You can do it girl. I'm moving over now... lots of room left for others too.

Derek
StartW: 406.6    SurgeryW: 370.8    LastW: 249.6    ThisW: 246.6  
VSG SURGERY ON MARCH 10TH, 2011
Follow my journey on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/Dirik29
Ana_1978
on 6/28/11 8:47 am - Canada
 Thanks, everyone, for your answers and your support. It always means a lot more when it comes from people who are in the same situation. Well, 2 days to go, now... I hope I'll be back on here soon with good news!

In the meantime, just keep losing! :-)

Ana
StartW: 246.8    SurgeryW: 206.4        ThisW: 136.6

Big_Joe
on 6/28/11 7:52 pm - Canada
Best of luck, and see you on the bench!

Joel
HW: 347  SW: 345 (Goal 190lbs)   CW: 182.0
DS performed on Nov 26th 2009 and goal reached on Nov 12th 2010

1 year out: 181.2lbs
2 years out: 178 lbs

3 years out: 182 lbs...without sacrifices