Monday Weigh-In (August, 8th)

Ana_1978
on 8/8/11 11:57 am - Canada
Another Monday, another weigh-in...

I had a pretty good week, lost 4 lbs and I'm feeling great!

I went to the water park today and it was great to be able to do all the slides, go up and down those ramps all day and not have to drag an extra 60 lbs!!

Next week it's back to work for me. I hope everything will be fine and I won't be too tired. After today, I feel a bit more comfortable with the idea of spending 8 hours at work! 6 weeks off should be more than enough, right?

Have a great week, everyone!

StartW: 246.8    SurgeryW: 206.4        ThisW: 136.6

Spezza_Fan
on 8/8/11 10:17 pm - Gatineau, Canada
Hey gang! 
How was everyone's week? For Cathou and I, we went to PEI and NB for a wedding. We did some sight seeing, lots of eating (Lobster/Seafood), shopping, trails, beach... you know, the Island life. On the wieght front, I thought I would have gained some weight but thanks to this sleeve, I was able to lose 2 pounds since I left. We really tried to make healthier choices but it was just so tempting to try new things that we don't see around here (Island Nachos, Seafood Chowder, Lobster Rolls, Cows Ice Cream) you get the drift. Anyways, I managed to enjoy every food I wanted to try in small quantities so all in all I'm really happy on the weight front. We did have problems with portions, again, ordering too much food for just the one and a half of us. We had tons of leftovers but they are hard to keep when you stay at a hotel without a fridge in the room. Being on vacation though, it was the first time since surgery that I would have liked to be able to go back to my "old" stomach just for the trip. I wanted to savor everything I was having but my sleeve got in the way. Don't get me wrong, I still think that this sleeve saved my life, but even after being 5 months out, I still miss certain "bad" aspects of eating food like over-eating. I can't wait for my mind to reach where my stomach is at. For all you sleeve veterans out there, does the mind ever catch up? 

Have a great week everyone.

Derek
StartW: 406.6    SurgeryW: 370.8    LastW: 249.6    ThisW: 246.6  
VSG SURGERY ON MARCH 10TH, 2011
Follow my journey on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/Dirik29
Heidi V.
on 8/8/11 11:04 pm - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
Great to see a Monday weigh in!!

I lost 5 pounds this week, which brings my total to 58 pounds. I'm 8 pounds from Onederland!!

Take care and have a great week!

Heidi

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

Spezza_Fan
on 8/9/11 1:38 am - Gatineau, Canada
Congrats Heidi! You will be in Onederland in no time. YAYYYYYYYY!!!
StartW: 406.6    SurgeryW: 370.8    LastW: 249.6    ThisW: 246.6  
VSG SURGERY ON MARCH 10TH, 2011
Follow my journey on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/Dirik29
Brenda B.
on 8/9/11 8:17 am - Gaspé, Canada
Hi everyone! Everyone is doing really great! Ana the new pic is awesome. I didn't notice it before. The weight loss is really showing. Heidi, you will achieve a momentous goal really soon. Being in onederland is the best feeling ever. Derek, you will soon see that things will fall into place. It is a mourning process with food. I do admit that I still have moments that I miss the pleasures that food used to bring me. I miss icecream on hot days and jam on toast in the morning. With RNY I do have more limitations than the sleeve so when I do slip my tummy lets me know. It doesn't happen often but the war isn't won as yet in my case. I am managing to keep the weight off and I am approaching two years! Wow, it has been two years already! I even have to try to gain about 5 lbs as since my new job and long hours my calorie intake is lower. I am down to 145lbs now. Too small for my height and bone structure. I am regret these words but for all the food I am trying to take in I can't put on weight! Apparently the next year I should have a ten percent regain. We'll see. I am going on vacation next week so I'll see you all in the Fall!

Brenda B, HW 328 PreSW 298 CW 156 Goal 165 
AT GOAL..................NORMAL BMI! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

Ana_1978
on 8/9/11 10:12 pm - Canada
 Thanks, Brenda! It feels so great to finally like what I see in the mirror!

Good luck on putting on those 5 lbs, I wish I'll have that same "problem" soon! 

Have a good one!

Ana

damonalisa
on 8/10/11 7:42 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13
Great picture Ana.... congratulations on the weight loss!  I would not have recognized your picture had it not had your username under it!
Ana_1978
on 8/11/11 10:59 pm - Canada
 Wow, thanks so much! Your compliment has made my day! 

Most Active