New Here Looking for support

MikkiMouse
on 4/22/12 8:26 am - Quebec, Canada
Hi everyone,

Well, I am obviously new here and have just received my letter to go for my First consultation with r. Henri in May.  I am not sure how long this is going to take, and if Weight Loss Surgery is in fact the answer.  can any one tell me what the first appointment is like?  Any one have an idea as to how long WLS takes in Quebec.  I have a BMI of 48, depression, and an unknown auto immune issue that has been going on for 5 years. 

I really want to know that there is a light at the end of this tunnel.  I live in Quebec City, and have been in this province for 2 years now.  i gained 50 lbs in the last 2 years just living here, being depressed, not speaking the language.  lets just say that my situation is not improving.

Any help, inspiration or words of advice would be great.  I have 150 lbs to lose, I am not sure if the VSG is best for me or not.

I hope to hear from you
damonalisa
on 5/5/12 1:35 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13
Welcome to our forum Mikki! 

I saw Dr. Garneau at Rockland MD last May 2011 and I was told the wait list at that time is anywhere from 18 -24 months.  I'm actually on 2 wait lists but that's a whole other story lol.  

I received a call from Dr. Garneau's office about 3 weeks ago wanting to schedule me for pre-op tests but my situation changed since last year.  I'm pregnant and due any minute now and therefore have to wait until I am done with breast feeding before I pursue WLS.  The nurse told me that had I made my appointment for my pre-op tests then and there, that I would have been operated within 4 months.  Hope this helps.  :)

Lisa 
Most Active