excited.....

lgm
on 9/12/12 5:18 am

My surgery is at the clinic.  I start my opti fast on the 19th of Sept. and my surgery is Oct 3rd.
I have been reading everyone's post on a daily basis and you guys have been such a great help.
I have learned so much from all your experiences.  I will continue to follow everyone's progress and update you all on mine.  I am nervous and excited at the same time.
I was told I would be called on the 2nd of October to go in on the 3rd for the surgery that same day and I will be discharged that same evening.  I will be going home with meds. 
You will be hearing more and more from me as I may have alot of questions....as I go along.
Thank you for the support.

Barbara_journey
on 9/13/12 5:37 am - Canada
Hi
I had surgery with Dr Denis July 17th, originally it was scheduled for Rockland June 1st but there were some administation issues between the clinic and the governement, so my surger was cancelled (2 days before) and pushed to July at Sacre coeur.
How long have you been waiting for surgery? Are you having the sleeve?
I LOVE Dr Denis! He is fantastic! 

lgm
on 9/13/12 6:01 am
I have been waiting for approx 2 years.  I can't believe it's going to happen. I hope it works for me.  I need to lose 100 pounds.  Most importantly I need to get off my meds.  High blood pressure, fast heart rate.....for someone my age (38) I feel like i am falling apart.  I can't keep up to my kids (I have 3). Both my knees are starting to give out....its pathetic. Let's not talk about the self esteem issue.  I haven't taken a picture in years.  I am hoping all that will change soon. 
Oh, and yes I am having the sleeve done.   How is your journey so far?  Have you been finding it diffucult??  Were you able to bounce back quickly enough to tend to your family?
Thank you for sharing.
Barbara_journey
on 9/13/12 9:24 am - Canada
I am 29, mother of 3 as well...

I LOVE my sleeve! I had it 8 weeks ago, I lost about 34lbs pre opt and 32.9 post.
It's been wonderful! I went back to work after one week off because I felt so good! (plus I have an office job) 

The only thing I've noticed is, I used to LOVE food.. and loved eating food.. now it is more of a challange, and I don't enjoy it... but trust me, it's been worth it! 

Now I have to plan what I eat, eat slowly (was never really an issue) and know when to stop... I'm always worried I'll get sick, so I take it slow as I am NOT someone who likes to get sick! (who does!) I have been lucky! So far everything has been wonderful! 

I'm a pretty steady looser, I would not say fast or slow.. I usually weigh daily, yes, I am ONE OF THOSE! Mostly for accountability and to keep myself in check... I generally never loose when I have my period (which has changes since WLS) but then the week after I start to loose again....

All in all it's been an AWESOME Ride, could not be happier! People can't believe the weight I've lost, I love it! My family too, my husband.. ... It's been fantastic! 

Hope yours is as smooth as mine! 

lgm
on 9/13/12 12:57 pm

Omg!!! you lost 66 pound in 12 weeks!!!! OMG, Great Job! 
You must be soooooo proud. I hope my experience will be as smooth sailing as yours.
Your post has been very comforting. Thank you. 
Right now, my emotions are all over the place. 
Thank you!

Barbara_journey
on 9/13/12 1:55 pm - Canada
Well I did 2 weeks of opt when I first got scheduled - in May 2012, then it got cancelled, but I still tried to watch what I ate for the most part since I had lost a fair amount. Then I did another 2 weeks when I got my July date, because I SURE AS HELL didn't want them opening me up and saying my Liver was too fatty to continue and sewing me up, all full of gas and a full size tummy ;) So I did 2 + 2 weeks of Optifast and my Surgery was 8 weeks ago..

:) 

Thanks for the congrats! :) It feels wonderful and when your clothes don't fit.. it's AWESOME! 
I'm sure it will be smooth! You have a GREAT DR! You should come to the Support group meeting Sept 19th in Ville St Laurent, that REALLY helped me before my surgery! :) 

Most Active