Help!!!

lgm
on 9/22/12 9:32 am
My surgery is in 11 days and I have lost 5 pounds so far.
I've been doing the optifast for about 6 days....the thing is, it makes me gag!
I can't take the shake, its horrible. Can I lose the weight differently??
Does it really matter how the weight comes off.
Lily
Amanda J.
on 9/22/12 5:53 pm - St-Laurent, Canada
 hey,what flavor optifast do u have?i was told it nesds to be with optifast as it will shrink ur liver and thats the goal to make surgery easier,not sure if doing it other ways will shrink the liver like optifast dose.
u can try different things with the optifast like very cold with ice,or flavor it with chockate powder or coffee or sugar free syrop.
just think about whats comming and how close you are

robyn2260_0
on 9/23/12 5:10 am - Canada

I used a product from maxi, whey powder in chocolate flavor....it is called 90 protein by weider..... it wasnt bad at all.... i love vegetables so it was easy for me....i lost 13 pounds in 14 days......
It is so hard for me to lose weight.......I was surprised it worked......it only costs $19 for a weeks worth....I had my surgery the 20th of september.....

Good luck
Robyn

lgm
on 9/24/12 8:45 am
Congratulations on your surgery!!!
You must be relieved it to be over.
How are you feeling now?
Lily
cloudless
on 9/23/12 7:23 pm - Gatineau, QC, Canada
VSG on 10/16/12
 I started Optifast 1 week ago and so far its going okay for me.  I blend my chocolate optifast with at least 400 or 500 ml of really cold water in my magic bullet.  I don't blend with ice as many others do.  I prefer it smooth and a bit more watered down.  Tastes like chocolate milk, but with a bit of an aftertaste.  In between the drinks I eat 1 or 2 cups of different veggies, and I'm trying to get a lot of water too.  I am down around 16 lbs so far, so I'm pretty pleased with that!  I have 3 more weeks to go.  

Good Luck - hope it gets better for you this week!

Elena

lgm
on 9/24/12 8:42 am

Thank you Elenda....I am trying a different protien shake I bought at the nutrition shop.
I like it better.  It also has PGX in it.  The taste is good....let's see what gives...lol..:)

I have a week and a half before surgery!!!  I can't say I'm not nervous!

Oh and good for you on the 16 pounds...holy molly that's amazing!!!
Keep it up!
Lily

Lindsay A.
on 9/29/12 9:50 am - vaudreuil, Canada
 HI Igm. 
I am so excited for you!! However I am so scared I will hate the Optifast! I start my 2 weeks of opti on Thursday oct 4th.. Surgery is on the 18th!.. I HATE veggies.. so I am not excited about that, 

I've tried some protine shakes in the past I've tried mixing them with the magic bullet and other blenders I find that doing this makes alot of air bubbles and makes me gassy. 

How did u manage the rest of your liquid diet?
lgm
on 9/29/12 11:10 am
HI Lindsay, 
I am so happy for you. It will come so fast....it's crazy.
I'll be honest I didn't do very well.  I only lost 8 pounds, so I am down to 226.  I am very dissappointed about that.  I hope they won't reject me.  I just couldn't tolerate the shake, I really didn't like it.  I skipped meals rather than drink the shake so that may have backfired.

On a positive side many people have tolerated the shake very well, so don't get discouraged.  Be sure to chill the water and add ice once you've blended it.  The vegetables, I don't know what to say, do you dislike all vegetables?  Ask Martine if you can have a sensible low calorie meal insteal like under 300 calories. Instead of 2 serviings of vegetable a day, maybe one weigh****cher frozen meal.  I read on the other forum that a doctor recommended that to a patient.
So basically have 3 shakes and one sensible meal.  I am not sure how that would be for our doctor. 

As per the shake don't worry it blends very well and doesn't make air bubbles, but you will have to pee alot...LOL...so be prepared.

I am a little discouraged right now, I have the sniffles and trying to get the energy to plan my next 3 days.  I have the house to clean, laundry to do.  I want to make sure the kids and hubby don't miss out on anything.  I am soooooo nervous about that. I have never been away from them.

Anyway I wish you the best of luck and don't get discouraged.....were doing all this for a good cause ....

.Lily
Lindsay A.
on 9/29/12 11:39 am - vaudreuil, Canada
 Oh Lily 
I am sure you will be fine!! Take some Advil Sinus now reguraly and drink aLOT of water to flush the cold out of ya!!

Thanks for the helpful tips! I am so excited! just not to excited about having to go home the same day.
I am preparing everything in advance.. jello,, broth.. lol :)

Do you have any extra optifast leftover? I still have to buy 2 boxes

lgm
on 9/29/12 11:52 am
I do have 2 boxes left over....

As per the going home the same day, since I am doing it before you I can let you know how it goes and give you some tips afterwards.  I am supposed to find out on Tuesday the time I am supposed to go in.  I suppose its early morning since I gotta be out by the end of the day. 

You should order your beneprotein from the pharmacie this way you'll have it.  Jean Coutu doesn't normally keep it in stock.  You will have to ask the Pharmacist behind the counter.
Lily
Most Active