Any experiences to share with RVH and/or Dr Court?

justpete
on 10/28/12 7:35 am
VSG on 04/02/13

I had my prelim meeting with surgeon, will be having VSG with Dr O. Court at the Royal Victoria Hospital.  Does anyone have any experiences to share on him or the choice of the Royal Vic?  only found one review of him (was positive)

enibas2
on 10/28/12 8:21 am - Canada
Sorry my surgery was with doctor D at royal vic also. But i believe is the same team so everything should be ok.
sleevelena
on 10/28/12 10:08 am
VSG on 10/16/12

Hi there,

I am not familiar with that surgeon, but was curious.  What's the wait time with Dr. Court or are you self pay?

Good luck with everything.

Elena

Amanda J.
on 10/28/12 2:01 pm - St-Laurent, Canada
Hey,i was done at sacre coeur,so how long have u been waiting to meet with the doctor?and did they give u a tineframe for surgery?

justpete
on 10/28/12 2:13 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

I think the timing of my case may be atypical.  I was referred by my Gastroenterologist for WLS about 2 years ago .. but i never really followed through with it until recently.  I had a group information session in September and met with the surgeon end of October - where we chose the type of surgery to have and details of the process.  I have not received my surgery date, but i believe they are booking winter-spring now.  I requested a date late winter or early spring if they could manage it ... due to the fact that at my present weight, with back problems and liver trouble ... it's really hard to get out and walk.  I did not want to sabotage my initial progress by not walking due to all the snow and ice outside.

melting-butta
on 11/20/12 11:37 pm - laval, Canada

I was sleeved 9 months ago at RVH Dr. Court. He was awesome. I had no trouble. Good luck!

justpete
on 11/23/12 4:35 am
VSG on 04/02/13

thanks for the feedback on Dr Court, he did seem very professional and responsive to my questions in the interview.  Still waiting to hear back on my surgery date and preop stuff.  What was your timetable like for this?

Most Active