Where do you buy/order food from? +food advice

justpete
on 10/30/12 5:43 am
VSG on 04/02/13

I live in the sticks and havent found a place to shop for things yet.  looking for protein powders, SF flavorings, jello, popsicle, soups and broths, and anything else you recommend.  walmart has some stuff, but not much and not the brands that people seem to recommend.

OctoberRosie
on 10/31/12 4:27 am - Canada

I'm in Mont-St-Hilaire, Quebec I don't know if all this will be good for you in the sticks LOL.

I order the isolate protein in the USA  the company is Unjury  google it.  It takes 1.5 weeks to arrive and shipping is $18.85 flat for one pot or more is the same.  

Unjury protein tastes good to me better than the Protein Engeneered from The Naturiste (mix of concentrate and Isolate) and there is a huge difference if we speak about the terrible Beneprotein (I'm not able to take that anymore, it disgusted me at the second time I ate it).

At costco you can buy Premier Protein milk shakes chocolat, 30 grams protein.  The firsts weeks the chocolate  could be hard for the stomach but you can have a couple of ounces until you get used.  I tastes not bad and cool it's nice.

Cottage cheese 1% supermarket, take the one with the lowest calories and highest protein

Greec yogurt plain, the one with the highest amount of protein and less calories.  I buy it at IGA  brand Skotidakis, I haven't see it at Metro and I haven't been at the other supermarkets.

Chicken and vegetables broth.  Jello without sugar.  I buy Stevia at the natural food store to use in place of Splenda, if you buy it concentrate it becomes cheaper.  I add vanilla or strawberry protein to jello and it makes a protein jello very good.  Jello unflavored with yogourt and vanilla or chocolate protein makes awesome popsicles super proteinated. 

Unjury sells something very good named cheese sauce, it has an excellent taste you can add that to the scramble eggs or make a sauce for vegetables when you can eat them.  

All the best

rosie

VSG Surgey on October 6, 2012

Most Active