Kick me back into gear, PLEASE!

lgm
on 10/31/12 11:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is my month, but I need to be kicked back into gear.  My motivation right now isn't very good.  Those of you who know my story I'm sure can understand why.  I feel like this really isn't going to happen.  I was so determined before and now I just feel drained. 

I was told I don't have to do the opti-fast but I shouldn't gain anymore weight which I haven't, but I can't say I haven't splurged either.  Now I want to bring myself back into the mind frame I was one month ago before my previous surgery and I can't seem to. HELP HELP HELP!!!  My dthate is set for Nov. 19!!

For those who don't know, I had surgery for the sleeve on Oct. 3rd but they closed me back up because of my super enlarged spleen.  They rescheduled me.  I did the whole opti-fast, I was in the operating room but when I woke up in recovery, I was told they didn't do my sleeve!!!  Needless to say I was very sad.......

Lindsay A.
on 11/1/12 5:07 am - vaudreuil, Canada

I can't say Ill be much help.. the week before my Opti.. I gained 8lbs ;) all those 'last meals' I had. 

I  do regret them because I am at a stall!! i've been stalled for 2 weeks now.. if I had not bindge ate.. I would be 8lbs lighter today!

But omg!! Nov 19th!! how exciting!@##!@#!@

you should come to the next WLS meeting in St Laurent. Its very helpful and motivating! 

lgm
on 11/1/12 5:46 am

Oh Lindsey, I know your right 100% but I can't seem to get passed this.  I'm finding this mentally hard to focus right now.

OMG a month ago you couldn't stop me, I was so focused, head strong and so diciplined and I felt so good about myself.

But now, no more and I know I need to build it.  I just want this sooooo bad and feel like it won't happen.  I'm not sure if I am making any good sense.

As per your stall I have read that even though your not losing, your body is reorganizing itself.  Basically, your weight is not coming off but your losing sizes.  Then you'll see that you will lose all at once.  Try not to fixate on the scale and don't think about the weight loss.  Your down the right path.  Stay focused, If you stray your mindset will be like mine! So, don't do it.....Keep on going!!!:)

Barbara_journey
on 11/1/12 8:43 am - Canada

Hey lady!

I can totally get where you are coming from, with my surgery being canceled the DAY before.. after the 2 weeks of optifast! It was VERY hard for me to get motivated and excited about my second surgery date!

If I can offer ANY advice it's this: Embrace your new journey you are about to embark on, it WILL happen, EVERY thing happens for a reason, and although it maybe not be clear at times, in the end it will all make sense! Hang in there, stay strong and realize that when it's your time,it's your time! You have one of the best surgeons out there, and he will take amazing care of you, his goal at the end of the day is to give you a healthy new stomach for you to enjoy for the rest of your life, BUT, he wants that to be a long life, so if he didn't do it last time because of your spleen and wanted to be sure, good on him for taking it one step further to ensure it would be safe, rather than be careless and hacking away!!!

In 2 months, this will all be a distant memory and you will be comfortably sitting on the looser bench!

EYE on the PRIZE!

lgm
on 11/1/12 9:30 am

Thank you, I REALLY NEEDED TO HEAR THAT!  So I am not CRAZY, you do know where I am coming from.  Its like I start my day thinking "O.k today is the day I put myself back on track" but then something stupid happens and you eat!!!  How convenient!  I know its wrong. Its an emotional bond I have with food. It is an instant comfort and defense thing. 

Thank you, thank you, I KNOW I NEED TO BE KICKED IN THE BUTT TO MOVE FORWARD!!

I THINK I CAN DO IT!! 

LILY

Barbara_journey
on 11/1/12 12:12 pm - Canada

I KNOW you can!

Lindsay and I were at the gym tonight and we felt like a million bucks ! You will too!!!! 

Xox keep it up girl, this is your time!!!! 

Most Active