Lachine Hospital Bariatric Unit

melting-butta
on 11/21/12 10:49 pm - laval, Canada

Hey,

Just wanted to give a heads up. At the support group meeting last night... I heard that the Lachine Hospital has a new bariatric surgery unit and the wait time is minimal compared to RVH. And it's Dr. Court who performs the surgery asly well!

http://muhc.ca/new-muhc/article/moving-forward-lachine-hospi tals-redevelopment

Stay healthy,

Stephanie

enibas2
on 11/23/12 11:45 pm - Canada
Good to know.
katzmeow13
on 11/25/12 9:33 am
Any ideas on wait times??? Brother lives in aylmer and has been waiting for 5 years. I live in ontario, should be having surgery within 18 months of referral date
melting-butta
on 12/3/12 12:26 am - laval, Canada

I am not sure but I heard it was not as long as the other hospitals.

sweet_sylvie
on 1/4/13 12:06 am

Hello, I just called and they told me 18 months but your brother need to filled out a form and get a Dr. consultation request.

Thanks and good luck to your brother :)

sweet_sylvie
on 12/27/12 9:24 am
Thanks for the information :)
MissCurves
on 2/21/13 9:19 am, edited 2/21/13 10:00 am
RNY on 03/26/13

Yes, it's true... Wait times are minimal. I have waited only 1 year..I just got my date today.. it is in 1 month from now(very quick!). My initial request was made at the RVH. And the info session was there as well, but the surgery was set at lachine. I was told they do that because of the lack of operating rooms at the RVH. The doctor also told me that the waiting list are not what they used to be at the RVH. That they are now doing a lot of surgeries and the waiting list is minimal. She also said they are getting to the end of the list for the people who have been waiting 3+ years.

In comparison to the sacre coeur hospital.. which a sent in an application at the exact same time. With in a couple of months I got a consult at the Rockland med center, and I never heard back from them.

Most Active