lap band revision

claudiaes
on 12/11/12 10:43 pm - ddo, Canada
VSG on 11/18/13

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site but i have been reading posts for a while, I got my lap band on may 18 2011 , I lost some weight for while but nor nearly enough what I should of, I lost very little and long story short now I'm having problems eating anything, everything gets stuck and I'm always hungry, always. I'm wondering if anyone who has a had a revision can help me? I want to get the sleeve but I don't know where to start , I was operated by dr Leclerc and he is no longer practicing, I don't know what to do and I can't take this anymore....thanks!

damonalisa
on 12/20/12 11:47 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13

Hi Claudiaes, 

I too was banded in March 2009 by Dr. Leclerc and although I managed to lose some weight, I gained all of it back (albeit I had a baby 7 months ago).  I had the same problem as you, never physically felt satisfied after a cup of food, and often got stuck.  I consulted with Dr. Garneau from Sacre Coeur Hospital, and am having the lap band removed and will have a VSG (should be February - March of 2013 as I already did all my pre-op tests).  

Dr. Leclerc's patients have been transferred to Sacre Coeur Hospital - there is a nurse pivot specifically for his patients that want  to add some saline to the band, or have any complications (Pascal Turbide - 514-331-4322) or you can make an appointment with any of the doctors from Sacre Coeur if you are thinking of having another type of WLS instead.  

Feel free to add me if you want or have any other questions :)

Lisa 

claudiaes
on 1/3/13 11:30 pm - ddo, Canada
VSG on 11/18/13

thanks so much for you answer Lisa, can you tell me aprox how long it took to get an appointment?

thanks again

Sugan Spice
on 1/2/13 10:20 am - Gatineau, Canada
Revision on 02/21/12

Hi! I'm soooooo happy I had my revision!!! It was the best decision ever!

damonalisa
on 1/4/13 12:13 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13

All in all from date of appointment with Dr. Garneau to surgery (scheduled for February 26th - just got the call today!!!), took about 21 months).  I sent my request/application via their website http://chirurgiebariatrique.com/ and I got called back for an appointment within 2-3 weeks.  You do need a referral.  

But you may not need a referral now as all Dr. Leclerc's patients are followed by the Sacre Coeur team.  

Good luck! 

Most Active