Just got the call!!

damonalisa
on 1/4/13 12:20 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13

My surgery is scheduled for February 26th!!  Can we say excited?? 

I'm also quit nervous... when I was banded ack in 2009 I had no children.. now with an 8 month old it changes everything.  But staying this weight and with less mobility, I can't give 100% of myself to my daughter right?

sweet_sylvie
on 1/4/13 4:06 am
Nice :) i'm so happy for you, when will you start your optifast? Thanks
Gabriella21
on 1/4/13 7:08 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi..

So very excited for you and yes it's very important to do this surgery while you are still young and can enjoy the fabulous times you will have with your daughter. I should know I have a daughter too only difference is that she is 22.

We do so many things together now I can't even believe it!! Just the other day we were in the same dressing room trying on the same outfits and she is slim!!

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Ada

damonalisa
on 1/4/13 11:59 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13

Thank you! 

Sylvie, I'm supposed to start Optifast on the 23rd of January... so for 5 week.. eeek!  

Keep you guys posted :)

sweet_sylvie
on 1/5/13 2:53 pm
5 weeks??? I tought it was only 2 weeks!! Do we need a prescription to get the optifast?
enibas2
on 1/5/13 10:10 pm - Canada

wow last year Feb 27th was my date so I will think of you on my surgessary ! Yes very exited for you Everything willl go good. How long have you been waiting ???? 
Take care 

sabine

damonalisa
on 1/6/13 12:54 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13

Sylvie it depends on your BMI... the higher it is, the more weeks you're on Optifast.. :(

Thanks for your well wishes Sabine... :)  It will be almost 2 years, which is what I was told.. :)

sweet_sylvie
on 1/6/13 9:45 pm
I'm very very very excited for you :)
Barbara_journey
on 1/6/13 10:32 pm - Canada

yay! I have 3 kids, 6 (will be 7 in a few weeks) a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I had my surgery July 2012, my youngest was 23 months old, if I could have had it sooner, I totally would have! I was back to work 1 week after surgery, I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery!!

damonalisa
on 1/7/13 10:37 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13

Thanks Sylvie :)

Barbara I'm glad to hear you were back at work after a week.  I'm a little worried about picking up my daughter and holding her, but I will probably have some help.  

Most Active