Royal Vic- Seminar/Information Session Thurday Jan.10th

MissCurves
on 1/6/13 2:19 pm
RNY on 03/26/13

Has anyone attended this information session before? Does this mean we are getting our date soon? The secretary that contact me to tell me about this information session said that I will be having my date set for sometime between now and January 2014. I am so discouraged with the waiting times I think she is just saying that so I feel better.. Lol..

sweet_sylvie
on 1/6/13 9:39 pm
I went in one this summer but not at the same hospital and they offered the 3 sergery and after that you had to chose one and inform them and they have call back for a 2 min appointment and told me 12-18 months.
MissCurves
on 1/7/13 9:17 pm
RNY on 03/26/13

Thank you Sylvie!

MissCurves
on 1/10/13 9:35 am
RNY on 03/26/13

Went to the information session today with Dr. Sebastian Demyttenaere. We were told that right now the Royal Victoria hospital has many available dates which they need to fill, so I expect it will go fast angry .

starlightlu
on 1/11/13 11:51 am - Canada

HI, I attended the information session with Dr. Demyttenaere on DECEMBER 6 2012; met Dr. Oliver Court and Dr. Amy Nevelle today 2013-01-11 and was told my surgery could be scheduled as soon as this coming march. P.S, Dr. Court and Neville were outstanding! They took the time to answer ALL my questions and I never felt rushed. I have decided to have the DS procedure.smiley

MissCurves
on 1/13/13 11:52 pm, edited 1/13/13 11:52 pm
RNY on 03/26/13

After the information session I did Google  Dr. Demyttenaere. And I was under the impression He was the one giving the surgery. which was a little worrisome to me because I found out he was a general surgeon and not a bariatric one. Glad to know. So if I calculate, it sounds like I should be expecting to have it this summer, which is what I was expecting.. Thank you for the info!!

enibas2
on 1/14/13 6:22 am - Canada

my surgeon is  Dr sebastien D.  I gery my session on dec 5th 2011 and my surgery was on Feb 27th 2012 almost a year ago. as soon as I went for my session I call maria the ols secretary that was working there and she give me the appointment right after and du to my diabetes and high blood pressure and everything else  I pass 2 months after. and I can not be more happy even though I haven'T lost my 103 pounds but lost only 80 i'm very happy like that so don't be discourage it will come soon.

MissCurves
on 1/14/13 10:38 am, edited 1/14/13 10:40 am
RNY on 03/26/13

I just got a call today and my meeting with the surgeon is on Friday(jan.18th)...Thank you for the words of encouragement Enibas2.

starlightlu
on 1/16/13 6:36 am - Canada

Wow! I'm stunned it is going so fast. Do you know if your chart was given to Dr. D or Dr. Court? Do you know what surgery you are going to have?

MissCurves
on 1/24/13 5:47 am, edited 1/24/13 5:56 am
RNY on 03/26/13

Yes, I was told that Dr. Court will be doing my surgery. I met Dr. Amy Nevelle for the final consultation on January 18th, one week after the information session.

She told me there is a possibility that it will be preformed at Lachine hospital, if there wasn't the operating rooms available at the RVH. And yes its flying by. Dr.Amy Nevelle told me it is no longer that waiting times it used to be. Now the max time you will wait is 1 1/2 years. The waiting time many years ago was very long, but its no longer true. I think I saw somewhere online where the waiting list for the RVH was 10 years, that's what discouraged me. But I am very grateful it is going by so quickly.

I did decide to go with the bypass. I need significant weigh loss of 150lbs.. but for me the Biliopancreatic diversion seems a little to extreme for me.

Most Active