Can you say...SURGIVERSARY.......!!!!!! :)

Gabriella21
on 1/10/13 3:02 pm - Roxboro, Canada

Hi everyone...wow can't believe that it's been a whole year. Boy do I remember the wait (6 years) and the OptiFast...yuckkk!

It does seem like only yesterday when I walked into the gym scared and very nervous (at 4 months post-op)...not knowing what to do...scared that people would laugh at me ...afraid of eating for fear of being sick...afraid I wouldn't lose the weight....

So many fears and questions but you know what...it was all worth it. The best thing I've done. I have my life back. Just tonight I went out with 2 of the best and most gorgeous trainers to celebrate my trainer's birthday and my surgiversary (yes my surgery was on his birthday...we were meant to be...lol) and with a few other friends. I had a fantastic time and eating was not the main thing I wanted to do...I socialized.,I laughed, I truly felt good in my skin.

Soooo having said all that...I will try and post a couple of pictures but for now a few stats...

Weight lost to date...162 pounds

Inches lost to date...120 inches...yup that's 10 FEET!!! (I measured neck, arms, waist, breasts, hips, stomach, thighs, calves and ankles)

I'm wearing a "large" in tops and a x-1x (depending how they are made) in pants. I actually fit into a size 16 pair of jeans...and someone at work called my a "sexy biker chick"...made my day!!!

I use to dress in a 5x-6x...

So am I happy...yes!!!!! Best thing I ever did and with an amazing surgeon.

For anyone thinking about wls just take the time to learn as much as you can and speak to people...go to the support meetings...ask questions.

Anyway, time for bed now...long day...

Hugs,

Ada

Barbara_journey
on 1/10/13 10:06 pm - Canada

Congrats Sexy Biker chick! You deserve it! Those are some INSANE stats! You should be extremely proud of yourself! xoxoxox

Gabriella21
on 1/11/13 8:01 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi Barbara...thanks! Still a ways to go but now it's the "shaping" that's happening. And you me dear friend are doing fantastic as well...talk about stats!

Looking forward to seeing you next week!

xo

sweet_sylvie
on 1/11/13 9:46 pm
Woww :) congrats!! Hoe was your experience with the surgery the first weeks/months? We you went to the gym how the people reacted? Thanks for your response
Gabriella21
on 1/12/13 4:29 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi Sylvie,

To answer your questions...my first week was the toughest but very manageable.  Just some gas pains really and I did have the "slimys or foamies" a few times but that was because I was eating too quickly or too much at once...but that rarely happens any more. You have to get to know your new stomach and you have to listen to it. Getting the protein in at the beginning was a challenge but now it's no problem.

As for the gym I was very lucky to go to what I believe to be one of a kind...it's Mansfield gym in the west island and they are fantastic. I was treated with respect and they listened to what I had to say and what I wanted. I was fortunate enough to get a fantastic trainer, and since he is a certified naturopath and kinesiologist it is mostly covered by my insurance. I also found that the people that work out there are very open and helpful and many of them have come and spoken to me telling me that I've been an inspiration to them, because they have seen my progress and that I go very often (about 5 times a week). I do truly love my gym and the people there...

You will have to find the right fit for you. Go and get a trial period at the gym of your choice...speak to the trainers and the people who work out there and you will see how they are.

Ada

sweet_sylvie
on 1/12/13 9:41 pm
Hello Ada, I was trying to reed you wall and it never works, do you have before and after photo? Thanks
Gabriella21
on 1/12/13 11:47 pm - Roxboro, Canada

Hi Sylvie...I will try and post some soon...

enibas2
on 1/14/13 6:16 am - Canada

on Feb 27th will be one year for me as well, And I had not lost the pounds i want it I have another 26 pounds to go and i do not know why but it stop right there, but the dietician at Royal vic, told me the point its not the number but maintain my lost. 

Congrats on your 162 pounds  and 120 inches. 

you are an inspiration for all of us....

take good care of you

sabine

Gabriella21
on 1/14/13 8:18 am - Roxboro, Canada

Thank-you Sabine...you are doing fantastic too!!!

It's not always easy. Even for me I've had many, many stalls. Gained a few pounds back then lost some and more. Many times depends on many factors and I've noticed (as well as some of my other wls friends) that you need to "shake" up your metabolism to get things started again.

Eat something different...change your exercise routine...just change things up a bit. I find that this usually helps me. The dietician from the Vic seems to be right on with what she said. I too want to lose more but maintaining what I've lost so far is my primary goal.

Take care and good luck!

Ada

MissCurves
on 1/14/13 7:14 am
RNY on 03/26/13

Congratulations!!!!! angry

Most Active