Getting ready

MissCurves
on 1/14/13 4:57 am, edited 1/14/13 5:00 am
RNY on 03/26/13

I am pre-op and I am trying to prepare ahead for anything that I will need. What did you wish you had? or what made things so much easier for your post-op?

In Hospital

• Lap top
  • Pillow
  • Comforter
  • Slippers
  • Robe
  • Ear Plugs
  • Eye Sleeping Mask
  • Baby wipes
  • Clothes & Toiletries

At home Post-op

• Digital Food Scale
  • Blender
  • Sippy Cup - Sounds stupid, but it will slow me down to not drink to fast
  • Bought Sugar-Free Jello, Crystal light, Salt free broth 
  • Measuring Spoons

What would you recommend for the first month??

enibas2
on 1/14/13 6:08 am - Canada

well I did bring my tablet but was no wifi in royal vic, but I did download movies on it so i watch a movie and I had a book download aswell but I was so tired I did even read more than 2 pages and the movie took like 2 days to fini**** 

I had my measurement spoons bought in store few days before so I was Ok for me back at home, and I make sure I had all kind of diferent soups that I made before or cans like the creme de poulet from campbell was very good. 

and than I star walking walking walking at home and outside it was beggining of march so it was nice out. 

Good luck 

give us some news,, 

sabine

MissCurves
on 1/14/13 6:43 am, edited 1/14/13 6:43 am
RNY on 03/26/13

Yummy I love Campbell Creme of chicken! I will defiantly keep you guys posted

Gabriella21
on 1/14/13 8:28 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hello,

I was in the hospital for only 24 hours and so didn't even open my overnight bag...the one thing I did use was chap stick...even before surgery just put some on...helps especially since the heaters are on and it's so dry...as well I should have brought some body lotion.

Post-op I had gas...so I found that the gas-x strips helped. Chicken broth was my best friend post-op. I would add it to cream soups to dilute them a bit and I would add Bene-Protein to my soup. Not the best tasting stuff but needed.

With the Crystal Lite you can make popsicles for an added variation to drinking all the time.

Hope this helps a bit and good luck to you!

Ada

MissCurves
on 1/14/13 10:52 am
RNY on 03/26/13

That's funny.. I was watching YouTube video's and another women suggested chap stick and body lotion, but I had crossed them off my list. I will re-add them now. Thank you to everyone for the wonderful advice!

Ok, so we can add the protein powder to soup, glad to know we aren't bound to shakes!

katzmeow13
on 2/28/13 9:01 am
Chap stick in hospital

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

Most Active