Hopital de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de QC.. Need nutritional information please. ...

melpd
on 5/30/13 9:34 am

Has anyone here had Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Quebec?  Need info on Nutrition.

I have been to the Ottawa weight management to meet the nutritionist since mine is  in Quebec City and I am from Gatineau, QC.  I received booklets and great info on pre-op diet as well as post-op diet from the lady in Ottawa and was thinking that everything was cool and I was doing great.  When I spoke to my Quebec, she refuses tons of stuff that are permitted in Ontario.  

For example, I have to eat a baked potato with nothing on it, no light mayo n'no tzaziki as a dip for veggies, no splenda in my cereal, no protein shakes, no mio, crystal light etc.  I am not diabetic n'or close to being and so I don't understand. 

Anyone else here gotten the same as me as far as info?  I don't know what to eat anymore :(.  They may even not operate until the winter and are making me go on pre-op diet for 6 monts???  Is that normal??  They told me to keep my weight stable and that I don't necessarily have to lose weight.  Confused. :(

Thank you for your time,   Melanie

sweet_sylvie
on 5/31/13 1:26 am
Salut Mélanie,
I'm from Gatineau as well and I'm on a list for Dr. Garneau at Rockland md/Sacre-coeur and Dr. Jette at Pierre Boucher.
If you speak French I can suggest you another forum that helps a lot.
Who is your surgeon? Are you on a list?
Thanks
claudiaes
on 6/3/13 12:42 am - ddo, Canada
VSG on 11/18/13

hi Sylvie:

I'm interested in the french forum , can you give me the link please?

thanks, Claudia.

melpd
on 6/3/13 2:32 am

Bonjour Sylvie, Yes I speak french.  I am going to be seeing dr Bierto at L'Institut de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie in Sainte-Foy Quebec.  Would love to obtain the link to the other forum.  Thank you :)

sweet_sylvie
on 6/3/13 5:55 am
Salut, le forum donc je parlais est chirurgiebariatrique.forumgratuit.ca J'espère vous voir sur ce site. :) Je vous souhaite une bonne journee!
Most Active