Hi!!! New here!

SheHasSuchAPrettyFa
ce

on 2/6/14 8:31 am - Canada

Thanks for the welcome! Did they give you any idea on the wait at the RVH? I was told it could be as soon as a year. Does that synch with what they told you?

matha66
on 2/6/14 8:54 am - Montreal, Canada

They gaurantee that you will have your surgery within a year of attending the info session. I have heard many at the monthy support group who have said they have had their surgery within a year of calling to be placed on the waiting list....whichever it is, it seems to be 1-1.5 yrs in all...not too bad from 6-7yrs wait in the past.

SheHasSuchAPrettyFa
ce

on 2/6/14 8:56 am - Canada

Not bad AT ALL!

SheHasSuchAPrettyFa
ce

on 2/6/14 8:35 am - Canada

Sorry, one more question... I was just wondering how much/if any psych follow up is REQUIRED to be accepted for surgery? I'm worried abt being refused surgery bec I have an anxiety disorder. Was there any mention ofbthat??? Thanks!

matha66
on 2/6/14 8:51 am - Montreal, Canada

Hi, There was no mention of having to wait any additional time or being refused because of depression or anxiety. I think you may even have the opportunity to work with psych according to your needs, you'll probably have to ask such when you meet with the psych....I will ask when I meet with them at my appt.

SheHasSuchAPrettyFa
ce

on 2/6/14 8:58 am - Canada

Great thanks! I guess a lot of ppl have had dep/anxiety who go in :)

justpete
on 2/6/14 11:09 am
VSG on 04/02/13

pretty sure the psych thing is optional, but take full advantage of it or even ask for it if have depression or anxiety issues.  I dont think they would hold that against you, but the benefits from it could help you succeed long term!

I meet with the nurse and nutritionist about every 3 months, more frequently the first 2 months.   I'm going to my 10+ month post op on tues feb 11.  They are pretty helpful with coming up with food ideas and making sure you are on track with food etc.  The surgeon you see before, surgery day, and once or twice after - provided there are no issues at least.  Dr Court is pretty experienced in the surgery room ... I feel a lot more comfortable with him in scrubs than a suit.  heh.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

SheHasSuchAPrettyFa
ce

on 2/6/14 11:12 am - Canada

Thanks so much for the info! How much have you lost so far?

after surgery do they give you a number to call if you have an emergency/complications? 

Gabriella21
on 2/16/14 11:30 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi,

Welcome...I am 2 years post op and it is very normal to be feeling all the anxieties and questions. Just to give you a bit of info...at the march support group meeting we will have a plastic surgeon and in April a psych...so 2 months not to miss at the support meetings.

If you have any questions for either please feel free to pass them on to me and i will be happy to forward so they can answer your questions accurately.

Take care,

Ada

claudiaes
on 2/19/14 10:58 pm - ddo, Canada
VSG on 11/18/13

can you please give the dates , times for the support group and address  , thanks! 

Most Active