Home from the hospital

missygm
on 1/27/12 10:31 pm
Hi, well I came home from the hospital yesterday. The day after surgery I was still very uncomfortable from the gas, got up and walked the halls most of the day got the gas flowing, was able to drink water no problem. Yesterday I was able to have a shake the first one they gave me was good not so sure about the second one, it was gross didn't get much of that down. Was very, very tired yesterday not sure why. Today is day 3 after surgery feel pretty good right now, will be a little slow for a few days.
talula216
on 1/28/12 5:42 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
Congrats your on the other side.  Dont over do it.  I am 10 days post op and feeling great.  So take it easy sip sip sip walk walk walk

Talula
Starting weight 369

missygm
on 1/28/12 8:36 am
Thanks, I am trying my hardest to get all my shakes and water down, the walking isn't bad just hurts when I first get up, but I am sure that will go away with time and movement.
shaniam326
on 3/20/12 6:23 am - RI
Just wondering.. I have recently been approved for gastric bypass with Dr. Roye in RI I am completeing all the pre op tests now ( all i have is chest xray, blood work, and sleepstudy) once those tests are done the paper work says to call the office to set up a date, approx how far out is the surgery from that point.. so say I am done with pre op tests by Mid April when would I be able to get the surgery?
nancytole
on 4/21/12 10:56 pm - Portsmouth, RI
Shan

I have a friend who is seems to be on the same time line as you.  Same doc, etc.  All of her pre op tests were done mid-March and her date of surgery is this week.  Hope this helps.
shaniam326
on 4/22/12 10:03 am - RI
Thanks so much this did help. I have now completed all the tests and am calling tmr to see what the next step is. You would imagine they would want you to get your surgery fairly close to doing your blood work. So overall 5 weeks or so to book surgery.. not to bad! Thanks again and I hope your friend had a great experience with Dr Roye let me know how she makes out!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Blah
kathleen j. · 0 replies · 2649 views
RI VSG support group
becca9891 · 0 replies · 3350 views
Kent Hospital Bariatric team
Clamcake65 · 1 replies · 5037 views
Seeking Surgery Buddies!
delprov · 2 replies · 5847 views