Help Constipation!!!!

RainDiva
on 11/17/11 12:21 am
Ok I was debating on weither to post this or not but I need help I have constipation so bad and I am currently taking coolace and mirlax per doctor. But I am having a really difficult time with you know what and its so bad I am bleeding and in pain. Stomach cramps etc. I have tried to drink more water and add some spinach and fiber to my diet but still nothing in 5 days.

What can I do!!!!

poet_kelly
on 11/17/11 12:26 am - OH
Go to the store (or send someone else to the store for you) right now and get some Dulcolax suppositories.  Put one in and in less than an hour you'll be pooping away.  You'll probably have some cramps and discomfort since you're so badly constipated, but you'll get it out.

Are you taking the Mirilax daily?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

RainDiva
on 11/17/11 1:01 am
I have been taking mirilax daily for about 4 days due to this feeling. I have been taking coolace since surgery 1 a day just started 2 yesterday. this is a horrible feeling I will get the dulcolax tonight when i get home from work. Is there something I can take everyday safely without getting dependent on it.

tulips52
on 11/17/11 2:56 am
 I hear your pain!!! I seem to go through this every 2-3 days. UGH! My PA one night advised me to do 3 Dulcolax suppositories because 2 wasn't doing it. It is pure misery. I, now, try to take them before this happens. I take stool softeners religiously but it isn't enough. She also advised drinking a shot glass full of warm prune juice. (it's high sugar but she said that amount shouldn't hurt) Good luck and I hope you get relief soon. 

poet_kelly
on 11/17/11 3:38 am - OH
Most docs say Mirilax can be taken everyday.  I take it daily, usually one dose but if I don't go for a couple days, I take half a dose extra.  I also take 500 mg magnesium oxide a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dave Chambers
on 11/17/11 1:21 am - Mira Loma, CA
This topic has been "discussed to death" at my support groups and these forums. My surgeon states that each patient has to "find their own recipe to deal with constipation".  Drink enough fluids. A higher fiber diet will likely help.  Eating prunes, drinking warm prune juice, Mirilax. herbal teas, stool softeners--these together with other items may be your solution. For the quickest result at "critical times" will likely be the dulcolax suppositories. I got some on Ebay, generics with Rite Aid brand.  This issue will likely wane in time but won't go away completely.  Almost every RNY post has this issue. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

antywawa
on 11/17/11 2:41 am
I am currently going through the samething. My PA recommended more water, colace, and benefiber daily to help me go. I had been having problems for about 2-3 weeks now. I am uncomfortable sitting and just miserable. I dread going to the bathroom. Since I started all of these recommendations I have been going to the bathroom still alittle strained but much easier to go. i hope this helps you a little bit.

Good LuckThats how i feel when i go to the bathroom. LOL

hlacy
on 11/17/11 3:39 am - Chandler, AZ
If all else fails, you may have to go in manually...the first (and ONLY) time I got badly constipated after surgery I had to resort to this. After that, I swore never again! My method to prevent constipation is adapted from Vitalady's suggestions:

2 heaping teaspoons of Benefiber daily in my hot tea first thing in the AM on an empty stomach
2 stool softeners at bedtime
2 400mg MagOx tabs daily
1/2 dose of Miralax at bedtime every other day

I also get as much fiber as possible in my diet. This has worked like a charm for me ever since! But, like Dave said, you may need to try different things to get your personal formula worked out. Good luck and feel better.
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Candis W.
on 11/17/11 9:07 am - NY
Hi my doctor prescribed senakot two tablets at bedtime and it works like a charm, before this I was misreable, constipation made me sick, nauseated, tired and on top of this I have hemroihds.  I believe it is the iron, however, it is most unpleasant.  My gastro did approve the senakot my doctor prescribed and I go every morning, It still reguires a good push but it is not problematic. 
RainDiva
on 11/17/11 9:08 am
Thank you guys I got some of the stuff above and it worked now I need to maintain soft stools I never want to feel that again any suggestions on what will keep me regular

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 439 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views