just ordered vitamins - eek!

poet_kelly
on 5/10/12 12:21 pm - OH
I conveniently ran out of D3, zinc and magnesium oxide all at the same time.  I say conveniently, because it's convenient to order a bunch of supplements all at once instead of ordering something every few weeks, plus sometimes you save on shipping.  Also, I was getting low on vitamin A, and I buy all those things from vitalady, so it was time to order.  And eek!  $65 for all of those.

I take kind of a lot of vitamins, including everything the ASMBS recommends and a few other things based on my labs.  And I actually calculated the price of my supplements and now I can't find where I did that math but I think it came out to $1.06 per day.  Which is not bad at all.

It just seems bad when I have to order a whole bunch of stuff at once.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

debbie0321
on 5/10/12 12:56 pm - Cincinnati, OH
RNY on 08/06/12
I've been wondering how much it was going to cost for all of the vitamins. That doesn't sound too bad. Oh, and I guess you have to add in the shakes.
poet_kelly
on 5/10/12 1:29 pm - OH
It will be more if you want chewable vitamins, which many do in the beginning.

And yeah, the shakes will be more.  Although if they are replacing a meal for you, they may actually be cheaper than the typical meal, depending on which shake you use.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 5/10/12 1:25 pm, edited 5/11/12 11:18 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I just ordered calcium chews,B-50, and a multi from Celebrate about 60 day supply 128 bucks I already have the B1 and D3 , I was shocked but the stuff I bought at costco has made me sooo friggin sick and i didn't know what else to do. I have to get this vitamin thing figured out, as long as i get something that doesn't make me dry heave :(

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

poet_kelly
on 5/10/12 1:28 pm - OH
Well, if certain vitamins make you nauseous, then at least for right now, I would do what you are doing - buy what you can tolerate, even if it's costly.  For a long time, I used ENS from Celebrate as my multi (and some of my calcium) because anything else made me want to throw up.  It was bad enough that I was frequently skipping vitamins just because I couldn't take the severe nausea.  I think ENS is a great product but it is expensive.  But I had to do what worked for me.

Your tummy may get less sensitive in time and you may tolerate other options.  Most of what I use these days is cheap stuff, but I still like the Calcet creamy bites on occasion just because they are yummy.

debbie0321
on 5/11/12 10:02 am - Cincinnati, OH
RNY on 08/06/12
18.00 doesn't seem very bad.  Was that a typo?

HW:  404      SW:  336.6     CW:  277.2

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 5/11/12 11:19 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
oops it was 128

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

cajungirl
on 5/10/12 1:32 pm
I received an order from vitalady on Monday....$96 that included 5000 and 50000 iu of D3, vit A, calcium with mag oxide (citracal hurts my stomach), and a few protein samples.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/12 3:28 pm

Hi kelly what is it different that you take other then the multivitamin, B12, and calcium. i take Iron too, because when I was pregnant i was enemic. Is that all i need? If you don't mind giving me a list of what you take. Thats all my Dietician has me taking. I did a 2 month 50000 IU pill ofVD a few months ago because mt Vitman D was a little low. 

poet_kelly
on 5/10/12 7:51 pm - OH
Well, I take D3 because my labs show I need it.  I've only ever known one RNY patient that did not need extra D3, though.  What's your vitamin D level now? 

I take vitamin C with my iron because it helps with the absorption of the iron.

I take magnesium oxide because it helps with constipation.

And I take vitamin A and zinc because my labs show I need them.

Without seeing your labs, I don't know what else you might need.  But you probably need D3.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views