Simply Protein Chips - adding some CRUNCH back into my life!

VintageChick
on 7/24/13 2:09 pm

These are pretty darn good in my opinion. They're pea protein isolate, so I know they're not perfect, but I can certainly see using the Spicy Chili flavor as a base for a healthy frito-style chili pie made with diet lean ground beef or ground turkey breast. 15 grams of protein, 2 grams sugar. Carbs are 11 grams, but theyre pretty dense and filling so half a bag would be more than enough. I'm happy!  They're labeled as kosher, vegan, and free of gluten, dairy, and soy. I have the garlic herb to try tomorrow. : )

lap RNY 5-15-13

shedevilbecca
on 7/24/13 4:52 pm - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

Where did you buy them at? They sound good.

Miss Liss
on 7/24/13 11:44 pm

I have recently discovered protein chips myself.  I love the healthwise brand pizza flavored and ranch flavored.  Most protein supplements are sweet and sometimes you just want crunchy and salty.  I have the salt and vinegar that I haven't tried yet.  I will have to check out the simply protein ones because spicy chili sounds good. 

The Salty Hag
on 7/25/13 12:51 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Oooh, I love the BBQ flavored protein chips from Healthwise.  I totally get what you mean about wanting salty over sweet. I am so over sweet protein shakes. 

Miss Liss
on 7/25/13 2:19 am

Totally over the sweet stuff.  I like the BBQ flavored Healthwise chips too.  BBQ is a favorite flavor of mine so I tried the Kay's Naturals brand of BBQ snack mix.  OMG!  I gagged. I tried to eat them because they are pricey, but I continued to gag so I threw them out.  LOL.  I just stick with Healthwise when it comes to BBQ chips.  They take care of my need for crunch.  I have to hide them because my kids like them and think they are chips for them.  Ha. 

65rosesmom
on 7/24/13 11:47 pm

Sometimes we need these things to round out our food experience.   I havent' been crazy with most of the ones I've tried, but this sounds pretty good.   I picked up some soy chips that were meh.   But I get the need for a little crunch.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

VintageChick
on 7/25/13 9:18 am

I ordered from amazon, but the manufacturer website offers sample packs. They have a simply whey protein bar I'm considering ordering, too. It's a pack of 3 flavored for the sampler. http://www.wellnessfoods.ca/thesimplybar-products.html

These definitely aren't my idea of BBQ flavor with a sweet, salty, spicy mix like what potato chips have. These are true chili flavor with a definite spicy little kick!

lap RNY 5-15-13

Maureen_R
on 7/26/13 11:46 am - Canada

I really like the simply whey protein bars and have  a bunch of the apple cinnamon (the chocolate mint is new and I haven't tried it yet). It is very different from any other protien bar I have tried--reminds me of a rice crispy square

Surgery February 15, 2013 with Dr Gmora at St.Joe's in Hamilton (includes 98 lbs lost before surgery)

VintageChick
on 7/26/13 1:17 pm

Thank you for sharing that. I don't care for many protein bars I've tried pre-op, and now as a post-op I'm even pickier. Only so much room in this pouch, and I'm not wasting it on unhealthy or weird-tasting stuff. I look forward to getting them ordered! Rice crispy...yay!

lap RNY 5-15-13

VintageChick
on 7/25/13 10:23 am

Savory Herb and Garlic, not much of a fan. I'll tolerate the rest of the case but won't order more. The Chili flavor has potential. :)

lap RNY 5-15-13

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views