Celtie's Home from Hospital

CelticSoul
on 4/29/14 8:05 pm

Hello OH Friends,

I survived the latest surgery.  PEG tube in place and laparoscopy confirmed difficult anastomotic ulcer.  Hopefully, the PEG will get me more

appropriately nourished to heal this ulcer and avoid the more serious revision surgery in the future.  I won't be able to utilize the PEG for

about one week-giving it a chance to heal well. 

I guess I was a bit cavalier in hospital about the pain/discomfort.  *sigh*  There IS more pain control (DOH) in hospital, but I'm managing ok. 

This, too, shall pass no doubt with proper rest, etc.  The best thing about this surgical experience was that I had absolutely NO post operative

nausea/vomiting issues.  That's always been a BIG problem for me.  This time everything but the kitchen sink was thrown at me and WORKED!!

Can we all say a big YAY!?

Anyway, thanks for rallying behind me-it's so nice to have people behind me that understand my tenacity and unflagging determination to retain

my Roux and successfully continue on my path to a healthier ME.

Best regards to Everyone,

Celtie

jeterway
on 4/29/14 8:19 pm

Glad to hear that they found a cause of your issues.  Hopefully this will allow you to finally feel better soon.  Sending healing thoughts.

tdbull
on 4/30/14 12:27 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
So glad to hear you're home and all went well. Take it easy.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

JJ0609
on 4/30/14 12:33 am

I am very happy that you are not sick and that they found the root of the problem. Glad you came through surgery all right. Stay hydrated! Take care. 

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

CelticSoul
on 4/30/14 4:27 am

Thank you all my OH Friends for the kind words and support. 

Love, Celtie

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?