Stall on PreOp Liquid diet???

Ready4Change1219
on 4/30/14 4:21 am

I am on my second week of my pre op liquid diet, last week I lost 11 lbs. I have been doing everything right now (I cheated once this past Saturday, but was gross), I had a few "lady issues" hit me this week I am assuming due from last weeks rapid weight loss...I weighed myself this morning and nothing has changed?? Has anyone had this happen to them during pre op liquid diet??? I know that during this time losing weight is secondary, "shrinking" of the liver is what is important...but we don't see our liver shrinking so myself, and I'm sure others, use the weight loss as a "check mark" that everything is going the way its suppose too...is this really my body's "plateau" you think?? I just cant lose any more weight once I hit this certain poundage....I guess it just puts me in a panick...is surgery going to work for me?!?

katekeeler
on 4/30/14 6:38 am - Canada

If you continue to stick with the diet, I am sure your liver will shrink enough. I only lost 7.5 lbs during the two-week pre-op diet, even though I stuck to the diet like glue (four Optifast shakes a day). The surgeon told me after surgery ( when I asked him) that my liver was no problem. 

SuzinDallas
on 4/30/14 7:05 am

I'm on my Pre-Op diet right now too. Surgery is Friday so I've advanced to all liquids. My Dr let me pick to do 3-4 protein drinks and 1 small (really small portions of a limited list of foods) meal a day.  That really helped me to get through each day. 

I lost a total of 16 pounds in just over 3 weeks. I also started early because I knew I'd need time to adjust-and I did, by the time it was officially time for me to start I was already past the worst of the cravings and had a new routine built.  This has been really hard!

Having said that....I would try your best to stop worrying about the weight loss and just try your best to stay on plan.  The pounds are going to shift eventually anyways. So focus on staying as low carb, low sugar as possible to help that liver get teeny tiny.  

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

Ready4Change1219
on 4/30/14 8:04 am

Thanks ladies thats made me feel much better  i get to do 3opti shakes, 2 snack bar thingys no real meals :( im past the hard hunger cravings but wasnt sure if losing weight was hard telling wheater or not it was affecting the liver

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views