Changing my Mother's Day cycle NSV

LMB221B
on 5/11/14 10:30 am

Mother's Day is a difficult day for me. I lost my mother on May 8, 2002 and my father on May 11, 2007. His funeral was even on Mother's Day. Even though my husband and kids do a great job making the day special, I'm a little down this time of year. Normally, I treat that depression with food. In particular, I would normally buy myself a container of Pancho's cheese dip at the grocery store and eat the whole thing in one or two sittings. That was always my go-to comfort food when I was down. 

This year I've immersed myself in exercise and yard work, and it's been so much better. I'm still a little sad, but I'm not nauseated and disgusted with myself on top of that. 

SuzinDallas
on 5/11/14 12:13 pm

What a wonderful change!  I bet both of your parents would be proud of this!

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

healthyme1963
on 5/12/14 6:34 am
RNY on 03/18/14

I'm so sorry for your losses and the pain you go through, but am very proud that you dealt with it so positively this year!  Yay!  I lost my son almost two years ago, so Mother's Day is painful, and like you, my wonderful family works very hard to make it special for me.  That means so very much to me.  I can completely relate to turning to food to deal with the sadness, but I also kept myself busy and did my best to enjoy the day.  It actually turned out to be a pretty good day. 

Hang in there and continue to strive for health.  :)

Life is short, break the RULES, FORGIVE quickly, KISS slowly, LOVE truly, LAUGH uncontrollably, & NEVER REGRET anything that made you SMILE.  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views