Question for those that have reached there goal???

SReyes71
on 5/14/14 3:20 pm

I see many people that have reached there goal by their 7th or 8th month. I am just wondering did you do anything extra to attain your goal that quickly?

I plan on following the diet and exercising as  my doctor orders. I want so much to have a success story. 

tdbull
on 5/14/14 3:25 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I just followed my surgeons plan and used myfitnesspal app to track my intake. I still weigh and measure, record everything and eat protein forward meals.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

SReyes71
on 5/14/14 3:37 pm

Sounds simple enough. I am ready to start working out more than just walking but dont want to rush.

Thank you

Ladytazz
on 5/14/14 3:28 pm

I reached my first goal, a normal BMI, at 6 1/2 months and my final (I thought) goal at 10 1/2 months.  I continued to lose for another 4 months and had to take actions to stop the lose.  Since then I bounced back from my lowest about 5 lbs and stayed there for over 2 years and then last year had another 5 lbs bounce back, both welcome. 

Anyway, since I am a revision I assumed I would lose slowly but I was surprised and pleased by my rate of loss.  I lost even faster then I did the first time.  I think the reason was that I followed my surgeons plan to the letter and I always aimed for 100 oz of fluids and 100 grams of protein a day, still do.  I saw others who did that who had good rates of loss so I decided to try it and it really worked for me.

I really didn't do much in way of exercising as I was pretty sick and it took a long time for me to get my health back.  Also, I just hate to exercise.  I am much more active now but I don't do formal exercise.  I found that I liked riding my bike so I do that when the weather is good but that is because I like it, not because it's exercise, if that makes sense.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

SReyes71
on 5/14/14 3:35 pm

Just wondering since you really didn't exercise? Did you have problems being flabby or having loose skin?

Ladytazz
on 5/14/14 3:54 pm

I did before I had a pannectomy to get rid of the loose skin on my stomach.  My thighs are terrible but all the exercise in the world won't help loose skin, beyond developing muscle to fill it out some.  Once the skin is stretched there is no unstretching it.  

Don't get me wrong, I think exercise is great it's just not an effective means of losing weight alone and it won't get rid of loose skin.  I saw a sign outside a fitness center the other day that said "You can't outrun your diet".  Very true, exercising won't help if you continue to overeat, unless you are a marathon runner or a heavy duty weight lifter.  I rode my bike 15 miles yesterday and according to my fitness app I burned a grand total of 291 calories in over an hour and a half.  That is about one of my protein shakes.  

Exercising is great for my mental health, which is my main reason for doing it, and it also helps the metabolism but I have seen plenty of people lose (and keep off) lots of weight with no exercise, either for physical reasons or they just don't like it.  Not an excuse not to exercise but not an excuse for not losing weight, either, if you are following your eating plan.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Laura in Texas
on 5/15/14 8:35 am

Exercise does nothing to prevent loose skin.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

RainbowRN
on 5/14/14 3:47 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

most of those people that meet their goal in less than a year don't have as much to lose as others.  It all depends on what u start out at. 

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

MyLady Heidi
on 5/14/14 8:13 pm

It took 2.5 years to hit my goal, only 1 year to hit my doctors.  It's a lifetime of work to remain here, nine years later.

martitalinda
on 5/14/14 9:59 pm

I hit goal early following just what you are doing ... I followed the rules and worked according to my doctors' and nutritionist's recommendations ... they stuck and are part of my lifestyle where I stick to those choices effortlessly ... 7 years and 3 months after I am in perfect health and maintenance with no regain whatsoever.  Best wishes on your journey!!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views