What's on your menu, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 6/11/14 9:21 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all, since Em is off traveling, I'm jumping in to start the post this morning! I'm up and around early(ish) this morning as we have a staff meeting at the Library this morning, so I figured I'd get things going now.

After another experience of coming home at 10pm and feeling starving and light headed, which I'm attributing to an intense workout, I've decided to give myself another 50 calories and am upping my goal to 850/day for right now to see how it goes. I upped to 800 last week and my loss is continuing to be smooth, so I'm testing 850 - maybe I'll need to go back down, but we'll see. 

Basically every day this week I've ended up changing my dinner, which is ok, but I'm going to try to totally stick to my plan today.

Time since surgery: 12 weeks

B: 3oz of greek yogurt with 1T wheat germ, 1 mini whole wheat muffin 

S: coffee with half and half, Nectar Lemon Tea protein shake

L: 1/3 of the Chipotle burrito bowl I got yesterday

PreY S: 1 Babybel Lite, 1/4 cup frozen pineapple tidbits

D: Pizza skillet

S: Nectar Lemon Tea protein shake, .5oz roasted chick peas

TOTALS: Calories 835, Protein 98, Carbs 42, Fat 27

V: started, I've been really lax this week, must stay on top of things

W: been going well

E: water aerobics night!

What are you eats tonight?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

JJ0609
on 6/11/14 9:45 pm, edited 6/11/14 9:50 pm

Morning! Sorry about the other post. I guess I started typing it when Anny was posting. LOL! Hope everyone is off to a good start. I had an iron infusion yesterday and I feel great this morning. I read a book while having it done. It was a four hour long process but I sat in doctor's office for 6 hours-LOL! My butt was sore! TMI! I have my last Thursday Bible  study today for a few months other than that I have nothing planned except take Bella on a short walk. I miss walking more than just a few laps but this soreness has to work itself out-blame Plantar Fasciitis and gout. I never thought I would enjoy walking so much! I guess it is like you guys with loving the gym. It is rewarding to exercise. It makes you feel good. Have a great and prosperous day! Here is what's on the menu:

B-banana, blueberry & vanilla café shake w/flaxseed

L- nuts & coffee

S-chicken salad & crackers

S-protein bar

V-already down the hatch

W-gotta get on it

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

AnnyBananny
on 6/12/14 1:27 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

An iron infusion? I'm glad it has you feeling better. I go for my 3 month follow up in 2 weeks and I'll have my first big set of blood tests then, I'll be interested in what they find!

Your menu looks good today - keep it up!

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/14 11:41 pm

First round of vitamins in and water

B:Coffee with skim milk and splenda

Eggs with spinach

L:Salad with steak

D:Taco bake maybe not really digging it.I feel like it doesn't fill me up

S:Yogurt/maybe string cheese

AnnyBananny
on 6/12/14 12:02 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Salad with steak sounds DELICIOUS to me right now!

Dodgergirl27
on 6/12/14 1:34 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning everyone!

I think it's so strange how different Dr's have different programs.  I asked my Dr. to do the blood test on me at my 3 month check up (b/c I was feeling tired and was going to sleep at like 9 every night).  He said there was no need for blood test that early and that he didn't do them until the 6th mo. check up.  But, then I read on here, about people who need infusions or additional vitamin supplementation and it seems like 6 months is too long to wait for the test.  Anyways, does anyone have any thoughts on that or have their Dr.'s given them a better explanation?  On some level, I just think it's paranoia on my part, that anything that's wrong with me is a result of vitamin malabsorption, but I know that's an over simplification of the issue.

Time since surgery 4.5 mo.

B - Greek yogurt

S - Premier Protein shake

L - I think I'll go to Chipotle today, you inspired me Anny

D - going to a friends and she said she's making chicken with roasted peppers

E - I really need to get this in, I think I'll go for a hour long walk at lunch today in case I'm not able to workout tonight when I get home

V/W - On track

Have a great day everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 6/12/14 7:25 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey DG, have fun at your friend's house. It sounds like she's WLS friendly, so that's awesome!

What do you go with when you go to Chipotle? I've been twice post-op and had good experiences. I know some people go the double meat, no beans route, but both times I've done meat and beans and enjoyed it AND felt like I was getting enough protein that way.

Dodgergirl27
on 6/12/14 7:31 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Hey Anny, I love Chipotle post op for 2 reasons: 1) it's WLS friendly if you modify the meal and 2) I secretly love that I can only eat 1/3 - 1/4 of the bowl, where pre-surgery I ate the whole bowl plus chips and guac.  It's like a mini NSV victory for me every time I go.

I typically order the burrito bowl with black beans, carne asada (only b/c I struggle with chicken sometimes post op; I also got the tofu once and it was good as well); and then they key for me is I ask for triple veggies.  The people are always a little stingy with them, but I just stand there and say, "Can you please add more veggies :)" and they always do.  Then I get the corn salsa, a little cheese and guac.  I figure the corn and guac add more carbs and cals, but since I spread it out over a number of meals it seems to work out ok.  Plus I still lose weight on days I eat chipotle, so I'll reconsider if that every changes :)

AnnyBananny
on 6/12/14 11:23 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh! I hadn't thought about getting extra veggies - that's a great idea!!!

Dcgirl
on 6/12/14 1:45 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Dodgergirl! Wow - I had a five month checkup and my doc doesn't draw blood and run labs until the year check-up! It definitely varies :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 304 views