Is this normal

Woodward7064
on 6/11/14 10:11 pm - Newtown , PA

I had surgery on May 13th and was 277 and by 2.5 weeks later I was 251. However that was a week almost week and a half and I have not lost anything else I'm still the same weight. I'm being very careful with getting all my protein and fluid and I started a walking routine (which on a side note is fantastic and I can't believe even with the amount I've lost how much easier walking is and I don't get winded at all. I did 30 mins at 2.5 mph yesterday and felt great) Is this normal to just stop losing so early? Have I hit a plateau already? Is there anything I should be doing differently? Like my menu consisted of 

B 1/2 c 2% cottage cheese

S 8oz 1% milk

L 2oz of boneless skinless chicken

S 8oz 1% milk

D 2.5oz snow crab meat

S 8oz 1% milk

60g protein and in between I drank my fluids 68oz 

yankeescl
on 6/11/14 10:49 pm, edited 6/11/14 10:49 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

I hit a big stall at about the same time as you.  It lasted around 3 weeks, and it was very discouraging!  However, I stuck to the program and have been losing weight since then.  Just persist and the weight will come off.  Enjoy the journey!

jazzycatz
on 6/11/14 10:59 pm - Joppa, MD

Up on the blue bar at the top of the screen is a little magnifying glass. Click on it and type in 3 week stall. You'll find tons of information on it. Happens to most of us.

geenaj
on 6/12/14 1:03 am - Sweden
RNY on 11/28/13

Same here. Three week stall. (And most recently a very long 6 month stall that's lasted a couple of weeks.) I just know that stalls are part of the journey, so I keep doing what I know is right (food, wayer, exercise) and bugger the scales.

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 6/12/14 11:45 am - Belleville, IL

es...Very normal. There  are many stalls during WLS... the famous 3 week stall, the really nasty 6 month stall (that can last a month or more) and etc....But you know what...Think of it like a child learning to potty train. When we are all 10 no one worries WHO potty trained the fastest...We're all potty trained. You WILL lose weight, some lose faster than others....This is NOT a contest or "race" to see who can look the thinnest the quickest. In fact slow and steady wins the race. WHat is important is if your DOCTOR is happy. You should lose about 3-5 lbs a MONTH. (Which is average) If you weigh more, you may lose more, etc.  Stop worrying, OK?

Warmly,

Ducky

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics