Funny to go shopping with my husband now.

Doingrightin2015
on 2/28/15 11:41 am
RNY on 03/10/15

I am just finishing day 5 of my 2 week pre-op diet. Doing fantastic with it. However, I have also had some issues with what we think is a pinched nerve in my neck and my left scapula is out of place...this is all causing me severe pain. With that said I don't really feel like cooking at all for the hubby..even worse now that I won't be eating it.  Anyway we went shopping today. Picked up some more things I will need for me post surgery and the hubby is picking out things that are going to be easy for him to fix for himself.  I love this man!! He is the best thing ever. He and I have only been Married 15 months, together 3 years but he is really good to me. He has no weight problem at all....could stand to gain some weight.  He weighs now about 150 lbs an that is up about 15 lbs since we got together. He says how big a woman is has never been an issue for him.*(his wife that passed away he was married to for 29 years and she was a heavy set lady too) I meet him after I had lost 108 lbs on WW and when I started gaining weigh, he keep telling me that it didn't bother him. I told him it was not about him but me. I can't stand it, that me wanting to lose the weight again is for me not him. He understands that too, and supports me in what I am doing. I love him and when I get to feeling better I will spoil him again with fixing meals for him But, he is good. He is my rock and puts up with me. I just want this weight off so we can enjoy more things together again. We go camping every weekend in the summer we have a seasonal campsite we are setup on. Nice get away for the weekends for enjoyment with friends. We love to go to the Smokey Mountains for a week every year at Thanksgiving. We spend Thanksgiving with his parents and sibling but we also love to get out and site see This past year the walking because of the weight I gained made that hard for me to do. I will be back feeling great this upcoming THG! We already have our resort booked for that Weekend. Plan to take a cruise this year also. We are in our mid 50's and now at a point in our life where we want to go and enjoy taking trips and doing more things.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

mike324-190
on 2/28/15 12:06 pm
RNY on 12/30/14

That's awesome!

It makes it much easier to walk this journey with support. I too am lucky to have a spouse who supports me and encourages me. She is heavy too, but since modifying my diet, she too has lost about 20lbs and is still losing. I'll be cooking for her again soon. I work from home and she works odd hours, so I do most of the cooking. She too started shopping for easy stuff to fix, and ended up making healthier choices. 

selhard
on 2/28/15 12:23 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

In support group, we talk about family members choosing a healthier lifestyle, as well.  It's an unexpected BONUS to WLS!  

mike324-190
on 2/28/15 12:37 pm
RNY on 12/30/14

Yes, this is truly a blessing, because I also have a 12 year old daughter who needed to be shown by example, that eating is meant to sustain life, and not to comfort her and fill an empty void, should there ever be one in her life.

crazy4birds
on 2/28/15 1:32 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

My husband supports me 100%.  During the week we have our grandchildren so I either cook or their mom does.  On the weekends sometimes I cook for him but most nights he just has a salad or some canned soup.  He is very understanding especially since I really am not big on dense fiber yet.  3 months out and I sill eat shakes, cottage cheese, mini baby bells and yogurts.  I am glad he is your rock and helping you through this.  We all need this.  We are mid 50's too and are looking forward to a great life together.

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

karin602
on 2/28/15 7:06 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Awesome! Question does he have a brother?!!!!!

Karin

Navychic
on 2/28/15 11:02 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

I'm a little conflicted about the family angle on my WLS.  MY husband always cooked about 60% of our meals for our family and I did the other 40%.  Now, I rarely cook, partially because I won't eat it & partially because I still get tired if I stand over 30 minutes with the WLS at 2.5 weeks ago.  I like to think in the near future I'll be doing more.  I am gradually increasing my part in cooking, but I can tell even my incredibly supportive husband is getting a little worn out.

I really need to start pushing myself a little more...I guess I'm writing this to commit myself...

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Doingrightin2015
on 3/1/15 2:26 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Understand that navychic. It is a little easier where it is just the hubby and I. Once I get to feeling better. I am also having issues with my shoulder and neck currenty. I will fix him some meals too.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

mysty888
on 3/1/15 2:57 am
RNY on 01/22/15

I am 38, live with my fiance and between us have 3 teenage boys, 17, 16, and 15. My fiance is amazing! He is 6'3" and weighs 185. He couldn't gain weight if he tried! We knew each other in elementary school, and we got together near my heaviest. He was supportive of my surgery because I wanted it, and it was always my choice. For the first few weeks, he let me recover and did much of the cooking, the kids were disappointed. I have started cooking again because I enjoy it, and the kids appreciate food that's not from the freezer. I make sure I eat before their food is ready so that I am full and temptation is gone. I enjoy when the family enjoys what I make, even if I can't. Also, we are going on a cruise in October and my fiance reminded me I may be at goal, or at least significantly closer to it, by then, so for me, it's my reward! I can't wait!! Most importantly, he loved me big, has been supportive of my journey, and I couldn't have asked for a better partner through this.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views