The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Blueeyednikki
on 4/25/15 9:54 am - Canada

The Good - Wednesday was surgery day and all went well.  I had lost 27 LBS prior to surgery and the surgeon said it aided in making the surgery go well...no fat around the liver etc.  I've got 3 boxes of vanilla Optifast for sale if anyone is interested.

The Bad - Came home yesterday and I felt so overwhelmed with measuring and grinding pills and making sure I was getting enough protein blah blah blah.  I think poor sleep at the hospital and major surgery/meds etc attributed to this feeling.  I remember thinking...WTF was I thinking doing this? What have I done to myself?   But a night sleep in my own bed, a warm shower this morning and lots of help readjusted my view on things....this too shall pass.

The Ugly - I pooped the day after surgery and the nurse and dietician applauded like I'd laid the golden egg lol.  And then twice again today (although I don't know where it's coming from because I can't be bothered to eat much).  Cottage Cheese isn't sitting well so I'll re-visit in a week or so.  I went to Popeyes and got a tub of grape flavoured whey protein.  They said I could return it if I didn't tolerate it or even like it.  I can't do anymore chocolate or vanilla shakes for a bit.

This is quite a trip and it's not for the weak hearted but when I see all that so many of you have accomplished I just keep putting one step in front of the other.  

Thanks for listening

brandycain
on 4/25/15 10:32 am

You aren't alone.  I told my husband that I shouldn't have done it.  I was sick and tried and overwhelmed to.   I'm over three weeks out no,  and feel much better.  Getting past the first couple weeks and you will feel better.  Congrats!

-Brandy- 

Surgery April 7th 2015.

Blueeyednikki
on 4/25/15 11:28 am - Canada

Congrats on the 53 LBS....you must feel amazing!

Margiem
on 4/25/15 10:35 am, edited 4/25/15 10:35 am

Thanks for that great info. I love play by plays. They're so helpful to all of us that are heading down the surgery road. My surgery is hopefully soon. My Six month program is up in June not sure how long it will be after that. I hope soon after!!!

Blueeyednikki
on 4/25/15 1:39 pm - Canada

Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Kathyjs
on 4/25/15 11:11 am

Sounds like you are doing GREAT. I like your attitude. 

Rosalie123
on 4/25/15 1:15 pm

I felt the same way after surgery ... Buyer's remorse for sure! But then, started to feel better and now so happy I have my tool. Thank the Lord for medical advances that allows us to have this type of surgery to give us a chance at life. Hang in there!

RNY 2/24/15

bdk515
on 4/26/15 4:49 am - Kingston, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/06/15

Your post is so helpful.  My surgery date is May 6 and I'm on day 5 of 14 of the opti fast...I know that in a very short time, I will be wondering why I didn't do this sooner, but knowing what to expect first hand is helping me prepare for the inevitable lows.  Here's hoping that every passing hour and every passing day gets better and better- all the best and thanks from a very appreciative fellow Canuck!

Blueeyednikki
on 4/26/15 8:23 am - Canada

You'll be great!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views