What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 5/3/15 10:17 pm, edited 5/3/15 10:21 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good morning!  So, tell me...what did everyone do on this most excellent weekend?  I spent lots of time outside and got me some vitamin D the old fashioned way.  My husband and son were camping with the Cub Scouts, so I went to the site on Saturday for a few hours, which is exactly as much camping as I ever want to do.  Then yesterday I rode mah bike!  You guys, this was a total NSV and I felt like a badass, even though I was wobbly and a little on the slow side.  And also wearing a bright blue safety helmet.  LOL 

But you know what I forgot about when it comes to the first real spring warm spell?  The bugs.  Dear God, the effing bugs.  I think they're gnats or something and they swarm around your head and try to eat your face.  Well, my face.  They didn't seem to bother anyone but me.  And when these little effers die, then the deer flies come and they really do try to eat you.  *le sigh*  I am like Eva Gabor in Green Acres; I'm too fancy for country life!  LOLOL

Time since surgery:  9 1/2 months

B:  coffee and a Special K flatbread sandwich

S:  1 oz. honey chipotle beef jerky

L:  P3 pack; turkey, something cheese, something nuts.  Thanks for the idea, Emiepie! 

D:  Leftover crockpot cheesy chicken chili.  Made this yesterday and it was soooo good.

TOTALS:  Cals:  878  Protein:  70  Carbs:  45  Fat:  44

NEXT!

mamata2
on 5/3/15 10:44 pm

Good morning all!  I had a fantastic weekend.  Friday night we hung out as a family, Saturday I went grocery shopping and then ran 7 miles, Sunday I rode 28 miles on my bike followed by a 1.5 mile run.  My first triathlon of the season is in 2 weeks.  I'm finally starting to feel like I may not die ;)

AV, I hear ya on the gnats.  They are a *****  I hate bugs!!  I'm so happy I don't live down south for that reason.  I may want southern winters but y'alls humidity and bugs would kill me in the summer.  My funniest story from the weekend... 20 min into my run on Saturday I got pooped on by a bird!  I mean a direct hit to the chest and arm.  At first I couldn't figure out what happened, but then i laughed out loud, tried my best to wipe as much of it away and kept running.  Gross, but hilarious!

Time since surgery: 10 months last Saturday!!

B: SF Latte and oates with dried cherries

S: Carb Conscious tortilla with PB&Co Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB

L: TJ's garlic chicken sausage, string cheese and dried chickpeas

S: Thin Addictives with laughing cow wedge

D: Unknown

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

W/V: Started

E: 6 mile run

Totals (without dinner): Calories 878, Protein 64, Carb 83, Fat 38

Have a great day all!

Emiepie
on 5/4/15 12:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

oh my! I can't believe you kept running after your birdie "good luck charm"....that's dedication!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 5/3/15 11:28 pm, edited 5/3/15 11:28 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

We were supposed to have a weekend full of baseball, but there were only 6 kids on my daughters team that we going to be around this weekend.  So her game got postponed.  So we went to Portsmouth (NH) to walk around and window shop etc.  It was fun!  EXCEPT, we ate out for lunch...UGH  The only thing they had that I could eat was a cheeseburger.  It ended up being just a previously frozen thing...dry and oh man did it get stuck!!  I only took 3 tiny bites.  So we were walking around I was in SO MUCH PAIN, and had this slimy/foamy stuff keep coming up.  My husband kept having to open garbage cans for me to "throw up" into!!  But once I really did get sick, I felt like 100% better!  NEVER AGAIN......it was horrible!

Yesterday we went for a family bike ride, so that was really nice!

4 weeks since surgery

B: 1 cup skim milk, 3/4 scoop Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte

L: 1 turkey meatball with 1/4cup ricotta bake

S: Dannon L&F greek yogurt (toasted coconut)

D: Taco casserole (Bariatric foodie recipe) with 2 tbsp 0% plain greek yogurt

Totals: Cals: 524  Protein: 65  Carbs: 35  Fat: 14

Water and vitamins going down!  Went for a walk this morning

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 5/4/15 12:38 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry that happened, but glad you felt better after.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 5/4/15 12:42 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Thanks!

I am actually having the same "stuck" feeling with foamies today also, but I have only had a protein drink and some water so far!!!  I dont know what is going on :(

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 5/3/15 11:38 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning OH friends! Spring is here in full force and it's making me so, so happy. I had a nice weekend. Friday I skipped out of work a little early and tried a new spinning class - it's another of the Les Mills programs called RPM. I actually didn't like it as much as I like regular spinning, but it was a good workout, of course. Saturday morning Mr. Ikea and I went to a great flea market and wandered around then spent the afternoon/evening babysitting my nieces. Seeing him with the Pip basically makes my womb hurt LOL. Sunday I met his mom, which was sort of a big deal as we had been having a little bit of a fight about meeting his family. Then last night I went to a birthday party for a DOG. I know a lot of you have "fur babies," but I have to admit a birthday party seems a little crazy to me - but as the people fessed up to, it was mostly an excuse to get a cake...

Time since surgery: 1 year +

B: coffee, coffee, coffee, yogurt

S: Thin Addictives with a wedge of Laughing Cow - this is AMAZING and I'm obsessed

L: Cottage Cheese double, string cheese, granola thin

S: beef stick, almonds

D: TJ's chicken sausage with reduced sugar ketchup and steam carrots

S: SkinnyPop, Yasso bar

TOTALS: Calories 1260, Protein 65 (oh crap, this is loooooow, must adjust), Carbs 119 (and this is high), fat 61

So as always, putting this in "black and white" helps me see that my plan for the day is basically crap and I need to adjust, so off I go to MFP to make some changes to the plan.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 5/3/15 11:53 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

If I don't find these Thin Addictives soon, I'm going to take a hostage.

Emiepie
on 5/4/15 12:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Y'all can blame me! I can always send ya a box to start your habit if you'd like :)

AnnyBananny
on 5/4/15 1:03 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

AV, I found them in my regular store in the cookie/cracker aisle (dangerous). They were with other biscotti products.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 417 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?